22. Interlude

Jules' POV
Hi everyone it's been such a long time! That's because the person who makes Billie and I go through all those adventures is a lazy fuck.

But that aside. The surfing race is coming very close now, Aldon is a stressed little bunny. And Billie is excited because everyone of our friends agreed to come to the race and the party. I'm also a little excited but scared too. Because you know.....

Jax.

I'm very excited to see Adric though I heard he's in law school now or something along those lines. How weird is that! Our Adric a lawyer. He'll be a good one though.

Anyway, now Billie is out with Gavin to practice for their show at the party together with Finneas, because he's gonna perform too. So now I have to babysit Aldon. But he doesn't need a babysit though in my opinion but I'm obligated by Billie and Gavin so here I am watching Aldon playing some weird game and waiting for Billie and Gavin to be back.

If you're wondering how Billie and I are doing, that's a good wondering. We're very good, nothing close to being a couple again yet, but we're not 'ugh I hate you' or 'no I don't want to date you' anymore. So I don't know what you call that.

—————

After Billie and Gavin returned we had dinner and watched tv and all that good stuff until little Aldon had to go to bed.

"Dad come on you have to go upstairs with me to give me a goodnight kiss." Aldon says and pulls at his arm to get him up. "Can't you go upstairs alone for once?" He asks annoyed. "No I can't or Billie, you go with me?" He asks. "Ugh, Gavin he's your kid go give him a goodnight kiss."

"Blond haired tattooed girl?" Aldon asks and looks at me. "Jules-"

"Yeah Jules. You go with me?" He asks. "No, your dad is gonna go." I answer.

"I go every night." Gavin argues.

"He's your kid." Billie repeats. "Are you really arguing about who's gonna show me love and that they care about me? I'm a child, I'm supposed to feel loved or I'm gonna demand all of you go upstairs with me to give me goodnight kiss." Aldon says.

"Fine. I'll go." Gavin sighs and gets up. And as if it was timed.

Just then my phone rings.

I look at the display and frown.

"Who is it?" Billie asks as she sees my frown. "My boss probably." I answer before answering my phone.

"Yeah?" I ask. "Jules, I need you to drop a package at the locat-"

"I quit." I interrupt him.

"You can't just quit, we have a client that only wants you so we need you to do this." He says.

"So if I understand you good I'm in power here since YOU need ME and not otherwise around." I answer.

"It used to be otherwise around." He answers. "Not anymore."

"Right but I have enough information on you to get you to still work for me." He says.

"You're not gonna do that, you're just gonna fucking let me go and leave me alone." I warn him.

"On one condition." He says. "And that is?"

"That you only work for that client." He says.

"What client is that huh? Nell? She only wants me to have sex with her." I say. "She pays good."

"But I'm not a whore." I answer.

"No you work for a drug system that has people around the whole country and abroad." He answers.

"You can't make me." I defend myself.

"We'll see that." He answers and with that the other line goes to silence.

—————

Authors note
This was so short and spoiler alert next chapter is the last one, but it's (or should be) really really good I promise! It might take a while for me to write it though so have patients with me.