3. Friends should sleep in other beds

Billie's POV
I wake up to an almost empty home. Only Gavin was here.

"Where'd everyone go?" I ask as I enter the living room with a cup of coffee in my hand and sit down in the couch next the one where Gavin was sitting.

"Aldon wanted to teach Finneas how to skate." He answers. I nod with a small smile.

Fin always has been good with kids.

"So what are planning to do today?" He asks. I shrug at that.

"Probably some reading or playing some music." I answer. "Or enjoy the beach now that it's still calm since it's just one week before summer season." I add.

"Good idea, Ollie wanted to use the calmed to do another training with Aldon." Gavin informs me.

Ollie is Aldon's surf instructor. He sees talent in our little Aldon he says. That's why he gives Aldon one-on-one trainings for free.

"We could go watch. I like seeing him practice." I say. "Me too." Gavin nods.

Aldon now is 7 and he's been standing on a board - not as good as he is now of course - since he was 4.

So when Finneas and Aldon come back from the lane where Aldon always goes skating we get Aldon ready for his practice and take off.

I brought my guitar with me too, those practices are for like 3 hours or something.

There's this surf contest every summer, and it's gonna be the first time Aldon is going to attend it.

The surf contest is always the closing of summer season with parties and stuff, pretty fun.

—————

When Gavin and Finneas stand by the coast watching Aldon - Gavin recording his son like a dad should - I sit down on the beach and take out my guitar.

I try the song I've been working on too, besides Ilomilo.

This song is actually almost finished. I only miss a second verse. So that's what I'm working on. Then I can sing it to Gavin and if he agrees we can sing it in the bar some time during summer season.

It's not really an upbeat song so I'll have to sing it for like- a closer or something.

Some hours of the practice pass when I feel like I get the song completely right. So I decide to sing the whole thing for another time.

"But then again, if we're not friends
Someone else might love you too
And then again, if we're not friends
There'd be nothing I could do, and that's why

Friends should sleep in other beds
And friends shouldn't kiss me like you do
And I know that there's a limit to everything
But my friends won't love me like you
No, my friends won't love me like you
Oh my friends will never love me like you."

"That's a good one." I hear a much known voice to behind me.

"How long have you been standing there?" I ask as I turn around to look in Sam's big brown eyes.

"Long enough to know that this is officially the first song you wrote about me." She answers.

"What? No this is not about you." I shake my head.

"It sounded like that." She shrugs and sits down next to me.

I forgot she closes the bar on Tuesdays for a second.

"So what are you doing today?" She asks.

"I'm not sure. Finneas is staying here for a couple of days so after Aldon's practice, probably going home and preparing dinner." I answer.

"Too bad." She sighs.

"Why?" I ask.

"I wanted to spend some time with you."

I can see she really feels bad about this.

"We could send time together, tomorrow after the bar closes." I suggest. "At 2:30?" She asks with a frown.

"Why not?" I ask. "True, alright, I'ma go I think." She says and is about to get up.

"Hey, no wait. We can all prepare dinner together and have a dinner night. I can invite Claudia too. It'll be fun." I say.

"Sounds cool, I'm in." She smiles.

—————

So after aldon's practice of the day I called Claudia to ask her if she wanted to come over and within an hour we were all cooking home made pizza's together.

I couldn't help but notice the way Finneas and Claudia were looking and interacting with each other, they should like- go on a date or something. They'd be cute together.

"Billie look!" Aldon shouts as he shows me a stunt he's doing on his xbox sports game. "That's cool dude!" I smile.

"Hey Aldon, what do you want on your pizza?" I ask as I decided first preparing his pizza otherwise he'll get whiny when he's hungry and he sure is hungry from all the practice he did today, he had a good one. Ollie says he for sure makes a chance winning in his category.

The surf contest is like following: a category for kids the age of 7, one for 8 - 10, 10 - 12, 12 - 16 (this is the hardest category), 16 - 18 and for the adults you have 18 - 25 and then everything over 25 together.

—————

After having our pizza and getting Aldon to bed we played some boardgames and finished the night. Everyone kinda decided to stay over for the night so we had Gavin sleeping in his room, Finneas in my room too and Sam and Claudia in the guest room, Aldon has his own room.