6. Party is on

Billie's POV
"The party is onnn!" Sam shouts as she enters our living room without any warning.

"Has the time come?!" I ask excited.

"Yup, I managed to hire the boat for next week, so I can use all hands to make this yet another great edition of the summer boat party series." She answers as she sits down on the couch next to me and excitingly wraps her arms around me.

I can see Gavin his stare at her actions. I didn't tell him about what happened on the boat or what I said to her afterwards. Because even to me it's one big mess.

After seeing his stare he looks away and I can see he decides to ignore it.

Back to the party- starting summer season is ALWAYS by Sam's famous summer boat party as she calls it. A special edition this year because it's the 20th edition this year, before Sam did this, her older brother did it and before him, her parents did it. Her brother didn't do it for that long. It's Sam's 5th year.

If you were wondering, yes Sam is a couple years older then me. She's 24, turning 25 to go into the details of it. (Billie is 20 in this story, she was 18 in kmiyd)

"So, this is the boat I hired." She starts and shows pictures of it on her phone. "It's coming to our harbor 2 days before the party so we have to have everything ready before the boat comes so we can use those 2 days to instal and decorate everything." She explains.

"So come on guys, get to work, everyone knows what to do." She says and claps her hands.

We all have our own tasks to organize this party. Since I'm the creative one I have to take care of the decoration and the folders and tickets and stuff.

—————

After taking care of the first important things, Sam left our house again.

"What was all about?" Gavin asks.

"I don't know we kinda had a night and after that I closed her off and now it all just feels weird." I reply.

Since the party is about to be organized, Sam closed her bar until the party is. She always does that so that she can focus fully on the organization.

I decide to take my phone and text Claudia if she's down to hang.

She answers me within the 5 minutes to meet her at her house.

—————

Claudia and I settle us down by the poolside by her house with some wine.

"So how are you doing? It's been some time." She says. "I should ask you, bitch you're glowing. A new skin care routine or something?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's called Finneas." She smiles. "Oh god ew, shut the fuck up." I say and roll my eyes. "Or actually no, tell me everything."

"Well, we've been talking like- every day. It's insane Billie, why haven't you told me earlier how cool your brother is?" She asks. "Well he's not THAT great though." I laugh. "BUT he is though." She answer.

"Anyway how have you been? Sam has been talking about you A LOT." She says.

"I don'g know we had a date and then I broke it off. I just can't help the thought of Jules showing up one day. I wanna be available when she does." I say.

She nods understandlingly.

"Actually, it might sound crazy, but I think she's following me with a hidden account on Instagram. I haven't told anyone but I think it's her." I say in almost a whisper, scared that anyone will hear me.

"What account are you talking about?" She asks.

I take my phone out and go to the account to show her.

She looks through it and scrolls to the whole start of the account. "If this is really Jules, how do you explain her hanging out hanging out with all different girls every damn day?" She asks.

"Because she's trying to move on." I shrug. "Moving on isn't that easy then huh." She says and shows the most frequent pic.

It's the owner of the account, captured from the side with the hood of there sweater on and smoking a cigarette. The caption is 'still missing you'

"This must be Jules, no other explanation." Claudia concludes. "What are you gonna do with that?" She questions. "What do you mean? Nothing." I answer.

"You should DM her." She says. "Not at all, that'd make me weak, like I miss her."

"But you DO miss her." She says. "Yeah, but she left me so she has to come to me. Not otherwise around." I explain. "Whatever, you're a grown person."

—————

Claudia and I ended up spending quite some hours outside by the poolside and we also spent some time swimming, when I decided to go back home.

Once home I had dinner that Gavin left for me in the fridge, he also left a note telling me he's on the beach, watching Aldon having one of his trainings with Ollie. So after dinner I decided to join him on the beach.

Once Aldon started taking Ollie's private classes, he got so much better. There were almost no mistakes today. Now, the waves by our beach town aren't as high as the waves in those epic surfing contests, but they're not bad. They are higher at the end of summer season, that's also why the contest is at the end of the season.

Ollie told us it's not his intention to make a magical surfing miracle of Aldon just yet. He wants to get Aldon just good enough to beat the other kids so that he gets discovered. A lot of important people in the industry watch this contest to discover new miracles so if Aldon wins, it's only going up for him from then on.