Chapter Thirteen: "Thank you for kidnapping me,"

We had just finished saddling our horses and were preparing to lead them out the back gate of the compound when the gate to the stables opened and Orion walked in. The three of us stood looking at each other.

"If you're planning on making it far, you're going to need these," Orion said, tossing each of us a bag. "There is some clothes for both of you along with food, camping supplies and a little money," he said.

Raising an eyebrow, I stepped forward. "You aren't stopping us?" I asked.

Orion shook his head. "I saw the two of you slide out of the room. I saw the looks on both of your faces before that. You two need time away. Just be back before the ball," Orion said.

"Thank you," I said as I threw my arms around Orion. His arms wrapped around me.

"Take care of our girl, Nate," Orion said, keeping an arm around me as he looked at Nate. "Ignoring her new found title she means a lot to the men in this compound," he said.

Nate nodded. "Of course, sir. Although, I have a feeling she may be taking care of me. She is the one trained by Dragons after all," he grinned.

Orion laughed then pushed me towards my horse. "You two better get out of here before her five brothers come to find her. Currently they are still caught up in their conversations, but it won't be long before they notice her missing," Orion said, then walked out of the stable.

"Shall we?" Nate asked, taking his horse's bridle and leading the way out of the compound. We mounted quickly and headed out of Jarrow.

"How long until they come after us?" I questioned, grinning at Nate as we rode south.

Nate laughed, shaking his head. He glanced back to where the walls of Jarrow were slowly shrinking. "I'd say they notice in a few minutes. Hopefully, Orion can stall them from coming after us or you may lose your escort," Nate smirked.

"Who are you most afraid of? My Dragon brothers or my brother?" I asked.

"The Dragons may have adopted you as their sister and treat you as such. Their weapon skills would be quite terrifying to face alone. However, I'd have to say it is Alex who would most likely take my life for what we are doing. He just found you and now I am kidnapping you," Nate laughed, drawing my own laughter at the thought.

We rode in silence for the next few hours. Both of us, lost in our own thoughts.

"Why don't we camp here for the night. I'm unfamiliar with the terrain of this area. This looks like good grounds for camping. If we go further I'm unsure of what we will find," Nate said as we brought our horses to a stop. "And I wouldn't want her majesty to have an uncomfortable night," he grinned.

Laughing, I took my water canteen and threw it at him. Nate easily caught it and tossed it back to me. "I thought this trip was one where conversation of my title would be limited," I said.

"Figured I should throw it in here and there just to help you adjust," Nate said, as he pulled his horse's saddle and set it beside a tree.

"So then do I call you Lord Nathaniel or Lord Pruitt?" I asked, coming around my horse curtsying in front of Nate.

Nate laughed, giving a deep bow as he grinned at me. "Seems as though someone has been doing their history lessons. May I suggest that you practice your curtsies before going to court though," he chuckled, stumbling back as I shoved him.

"Isn't the man the one who's supposed to set up the camp while the young woman of nobility sits in the comfort of the shade?" I asked.

Nate shrugged his shoulders. "Sure, but this man is only setting up one tent. So unless you prefer sleeping under the stars I suggest you get your noble behind busy," he said.