Idea#13: Shield Reality #5: The Tale of the Shulk Hero

Basically, Shulk fro Xenoblade Chronicles gets summoned to Melromarc as the Sword Hero. As he's summoned, his Monado gets absorbed into his legendary weapon, becoming another one of it's forms.

          Shulk's future visions will give him a number of advantages in the story. For one, it will give him the idea to bring all his replica Monados with him before getting summoned. This will allow him to copy all of them using the legendary sword, giving him a head start on the other heroes, and tipping Naofumi off on this trick since he can do it right away.

          Most importantly though, his future vision will tip him off about Malty's betrayal in advance. It will also give him insight into the consequences of his actions. This, in turn allows him to help Naofumi out of some tight situations. While he won't be able to do much about the initial accusation, what with the bitch in question being RIGHT THERE, he'll at least be able to give Naofumi a subtle heads up so he's a bit more prepared. That, among other things, will help immensely when it comes to the plot.

          My current idea's involving his use of the Monado will be that he awakens different levels of it as he levels up. At level 30, he'll awaken the classic Monado he's known for. At level 60, he'll get the Monado II, which he used to defeat metal face. And finally, at level 90, he'll finally regain access to his true Monado from his fight with Zanza, along with both of Zanza's Monados. However, just like in the game, the original Monado won't cut people, limiting his use of it.

          As you can Imagine, Shulk's presence over Ren will be extremely beneficial to the story.