Chapter 12

Was there a lifetime waiting for us in a world where I was yours?

-Lifetime (By: Ben&Ben 🎵)

"Are you okay now?" Gulf asked as he is now in his brother's room worried on its condition.

"yes Phi, I'm okay now" as Win gave his Phi a weak yet reassuring smile. He was about to stand up when suddenly his brother stopped him from  doing such thing that would make his condition worse.

"Don't you dare to stand up Win, I'm gonna get my car at the parking lot so stay right here. We're going home." Gulf said with a stern yet worried voice. Win tried to argue but his brother gave him a glare look which makes him shut his mouth and obey what his brother wants him to do. Suddenly the door just opened revealing Air with a worried look.

"Ok bunny what just happened to you?" Win was about to speak when Gulf butt in.

"He was found by some students unconscious in there building. I was called by the head nurse here telling me that Win has a high fever."

"Ok bunny we're going home okay? Don't worry I'll take care of your professors to just give you your modules and special activities."

The three of them were walking towards the exit door of the clinic when suddenly they saw Bright running towards them. Gulf immediately opened the car and ordered his sister to bring the bunny boy inside.

"What do you want?" Gulf said trying to control his anger. Bright was panting while trying to catch his breathe.

"Wait Gulf let me explain first to Win please." as Bright trying to go to the car door where Win is watching them but Gulf stopped before his teammate move another foot.

"Oh no Chivarree that's enough of you for making Win wait under the rain asshole." Gulf was clenching his fist but tries to hold it because he doesn't want to make a scene at the school.

"Please Gulf I know its my fault and I want to make it up to-"

"Bright that's enough" Bright was cut off by Win who is smiling bitterly at window that is down.

"I think we should distance ourselves to each other first. You should also prioritize your studies first since exams are coming."

"Win no. Please just let me explain first my-"

"Bright enough, please. I-I'm already tired." Win closed his window after making the latter shut his mouth.

As the bunny boy stepped inside his room, he immediately went to his bed. He really felt dizzy so he decided to take a nap when suddenly his phone was buzzing. He took his phone and revealed that Bright is calling.

'Should I answer it?' he asked himself. Sure he wanted to hear Bright's side since it sounded reasonable but at the same time Nevvy's words that day still kept replaying to his mind.

Win decided not to answer it and just go to sleep.

Bright keep on calling Win through his phone but he still receives the same feedback. He wanted to go to his house but he knows that Gulf would push him away. Even though he has a valid reason, its still unacceptable to put his bestfriend wait for him under the rain without even messaging him. But from this point, Bright thought of something.

''Why am I this concerned to him?'

He just ignored the thought because after all, bestfriends do care for each other right?

The next day, Win came to school in a good condition already. His siblings wanted him to rest more but he insist since he wanted to cope up with the lessons. He was about to take another step going to his building when suddenly someone hugged him from behind.

"Win!! Are you okay?" He turned around to see Pear hugging her who just broke it before Win could turn.

"Yes I'm perfectly fine now Pear" Win said showing his bunny teeth.

Their day went smooth as Win was hoping to have in the first place. He didn't see any glimpse of a man that he waited under the rain that night and he still wishes that he could not see him later during their training since the venues of their training fields is just near.

Win was about to exit from the laboratory as they finish their biology class when suddenly he felt someone grabbed his left hand and pulled him quickly.

"Win please let me explain"
"There's nothing we ne-" Win was cut off by Bright's hand covering his mouth.

"Nevvy invited me to go with her while you are preparing in the shower room. When we are at the bar, I realized that I didn't inform you yet so I quickly grabbed my phone when Nevvy accidentally poured the drink on my shirt. And then the next thing I knew, my phone was drained." Bright paused for a few seconds before continuing.

" I know despite of my reason, it's still my fault and I really wanted to make it up to you. You know that you are only my friend in this campus aside from Gulf so please Win."

"Please give me a chance....."

'I'll never be the first choice am I?' Win thought.

"Bright it's really okay. I understand."

"Really?" Bright asked looking for some confirmation.

"Yes, but...."

"But what Win?"

"Can we atleast see each other less?" Win made up his mind to atleast give themselves some distance. That maybe in this way, he can stop growing feelings for him, that atleast they can go back to being casual friends.

"B-but why Win? I can't take this kind of agreement."

'Do you think its easy for me?'

"I-its just that finals will come soon and so as our tournaments...." Win pause for a few second before continuing.

"Its for the best Bright, tru-" Win was caught off by Bright who just kicked the garbage bin beside them.

"Cut the crap Win!! This is nonsense!!" Bright shouted not minding the people around them who is now looking at them.

"Will you just calm down will you?"

"How?! You always knew that you're my only friend who I can go on. You know that I never trusted someone unless its you, your brother, or Nevvy."

'Bright, I'll never leave you. I just need some space to stop growing feelings for you' Win thought but instead he lied.

"Bright, I'll never leave you. W-we just need some time for our finals." Bright walked closer towards the latter and holds his hands.

"Promise me that no matter what happens, you'll stay by my side." Bright said while staring at Win's eyes.

'Fuck' Win cursed in his mind. 'How can I stop growing feelings if this man give me reasons not to?'

"F-fine u-uhm I have t-to go now." Win took his hand and was about to go when suddenly Bright carried him on his shoulder quickly.

"Bright!!!! Put me down!!" Win demmanded but Bright just chuckled.

"I'll bring you to your next class like this" Bright said while walking not minding the other med students in the building.

Win still tried to get away but was no use. He sighed and smiled about how crazy his 'bestfriend' could be.

'I wish I was her'

Hi guys!! I'm back and sorry to keep you waiting 😅 Hope you guys enjoy this update!! ❤️