Chapter 21 ✔

"DOES Champ already know that you are pregnant?" - tanong ni Jeron sa kanya nang iwan na sila ng doctor matapos siyang pinaalalahanan nito na doblehin ang pag-iingat dahil maselan na ang kanyang pagbubuntis.

Jeva looked away. "Not yet."

"Do you want me to tell him?"

She shook her head. "Gusto ko na ako mismo ang magbabalita sa kanya. I know that this is a good news for the both of us." - she is still positive despite everything that happened. Her heart still wanted to trust her husband. She won't conclude not unless she will hear it from her husband's mouth or she will see them cheating on her right in front of her eyes.

Jeron nods. "Okay, if you say so." - he hummed. "Who else knew about your situation?"

"Mari and then, you."

He chuckled. "How lucky I am." - he clapped his hands. "Mas una ko pa palang malaman kaysa sa asawa mo." - he jested.

Napailing na lang si Jeva dahil sa inasal ng lalaki. Nang bigla itong tumikhim kaya naman napalingon siya sa lalaki.

"Did Vlad invite you to the VIP Ball?" - he asked.

She creased her brows, she never heard that kind of ball before. "VIP Ball? What's that?"

Jeron hummed. "I conclude that he never asked you. Maybe because he doesn't want you to be his date on that event." Ouch! Parang may kung anong tumusok sa kanyang puso. "I already told Vlad that if he won't ask you to be his date then, I'll be the one to ask you but, I think that would be inappropriate now because..." - he stopped because he doesn't want to continue his words.

Jeva smirked. "Isn't it inappropriate to ask a married woman on a date, too?" - napayuko naman ang kausap dahil sa sinabi niya.

"I know but,--" Jeva chuckled. Of course, she already knew his reasons for, he knew that their marriage was just fixed. Does he also think that their won't last just like how Janus sees their relationship?

"I'm just kidding. I would like to go to the ball with you." - she said frankly.

Nanlaki ang mga mata ni Jeron dahil sa sinabi ng babae. "What?" - he blinked his eyes twice. "Are you serious? But-"

"I am." - she sighed. "I want to go to the ball because I wanted to see my husband. Yun lang naman ang tanging paraan para makita at makausap ko siya ulit. Pupunta naman siya dun, di ba?" - she hopefully said.

"Bakit parang nasense ko na na gagamit mo lang ako?" - he joked but his smile faded when she saw her flustered face. He cleared his throat. "Use me if you want. I won't mind at all. And yes, he will be there to get his award."

"Award?"

Tumango si Jeron. "VIP Ball is like an acquaintance party of all famous people and there's also a lot of awards to win. Like Most beautiful face, the sexiest, the most bankable artist, and awards for bachelors too." - dahil sa sinabi ng lalaki ay parang nagdadalawang isip na siya kung pupunta ba siya sa ball. Nakakahiya naman kasing pumunta doon na hindi ka famous. "What's the problem?" - tanong niya sa babae na tila lumipad na sa ibang planeta ang utak nito.

"I just think that I am not suitable to attend that event." - she said.

"Who said you are not suitable? You'll be going with me, right?" - kagaad naman siyang tumango.

"But, I'm just an ordinary person."

"I doubt that." - napatanga naman siya sa sinabi ng lalaki. "You are on hell of a person that I've known. You beautiful, kind and talented not to menti--"

"I have an unfiltered mouth."

Napatawa naman ang dalawa dahil sa sinabi ng babae. "That made you more amazing."