32) Her Man

"It's been too long. I don't think one trip a year is going to do it. What if Isa forgets about me?" Elizabeth was horrified at the thought, squishing Melissa's cheeks in adoration.

"You guys should come down for a summer. The pool is starting to fall apart from no one using it." Timotheo exaggerated, and Stefanie threw him a panned look.

"I see where I got it from now." Stef chuckled, reaching behind her to grab onto her suitcase. "Can we go now? I'm starving and sleep-deprived."

"When are you not?" Fransisco called from behind them, dragging his family's luggage. It was his choice to carry both heavy suitcases though because Erica had insisted she carry one of them, but he denied her help.

"Alright, alright. Let's go." Timotheo ushered them out of the airport, taking them to the large SUV he owned.

"You guys brought Mamá's car?" Ella paused when she caught sight of her mom's beige Lincoln.

"Well, not everything is going to fit in one vehicle anymore. With two to add onto the family, we need more space." Elizabeth opened the back of hers, allowing Damien to place his and Ella's luggage back there as well as Stefanie's.

"Feel honored. She almost never takes out her baby." Stef murmured to Damien before she got into her mom's, front, passenger seat.

Damien smiled in amusement. He was beginning to get used to Stefanie's oddly dark and savage humor. At first, he had been taken aback by her words, thinking that she was being serious, but after seeing how her family laughed at her words, he came to realize that it was just Stefanie's humor.

"When we get to the house, I want to eat a whole farm. I'm not even kidding." Stef grumbled once everyone had gotten settled. Only Stefanie, Ella, and Damien were riding with Elizabeth. The rest of the crew was with Ella's dad.

While Elizabeth entertained Stef in a random conversation, Ella scooted closer to Damien, resting her head on his shoulder.

"What do you think?" Ella murmured quietly while Damien gazed out the window at the scenery.

"I think it's beautiful." Damien turned, kissing Ella's hair before turning his attention back outside. The buildings were too elegant and eye-catching to ignore.

"I have a lot to show you in the span of two weeks." Ella warned, and Damien only vibrated lowly with a chuckle, agreeing.

Due to his hectic work schedule, Damien had decided to only go to Spain for two weeks. He would be there for Christmas, but he wouldn't for New Year's. While it bummed him out that he had been dating Ella for almost two years now without being able to celebrate New Year's together, he had a feeling that they would have plenty of opportunities in the upcoming years.

"Ella, honey," Elizabeth was pushing suitcases inside the house despite everyone denying her help and moving to take them from her. Her arm was still supposed to be in a arm strap that would hang from her shoulder.

"Don't pick anything up again." Ella tsked, pushing her bag to the side before also shoving another bag away from her dad who was on his merry way to go pick it up.

"Go ahead and place your things in your rooms, then." They ushered the kids away, both leaving to grab some water and other refreshments for the guests.

"Come. I'll show you where you'll be staying." Ella gestured for Damien to follow her, carrying up her own small bag while he effortlessly followed with their own two suitcases. "Welcome to..." Ella opened her door, allowing Damien to enter first. "My childhood bedroom."

Damien placed the suitcases down before looking around, taking in the room. Her queen sized bed didn't actually take up much room since the room was a decently large size. The walls were a very faint and soft lavender color, matching the color of some decorations that Ella had lying around.