Chapter Ten

Though your life felt like it was on a rather dramatic pause, real life wasn't. School still awaited as well as detention for your unfinished homework.

"It's too fucking early for this." You snag your blazer and throw it on, the events of the previous day running through to head.

There was Todoroki and then Bakugou, and now Uraraka. You wanted to hate her but the poor girl hadn't done anything to you. There was really no reason to hate her but your gut told you otherwise. It was autumn now and the leaves off trees scatted over the cool concrete as you walked to UA. M
You weren't in the mood to talk to anyone so you shoved your earbuds in as far as they'd go and blasted your music. On top of that you put your hoodie on and hid your face.

"Hey y/n how are you!" You swiveled around with a bright smile.

"Oh hi! I'm doing great! Just a little chilly." You giggled and hugged yourself.

"Um, I don't mean to get all in your business but Todoroki got back to the dorms and he was really beat up. He said it was nothing but he also said you had taken care of it."

If you didn't want to drag Izuku into the fucking dirt for talking to you while your earbuds were in, you sure did now.

"He said that? Well haha that's funny because Todoroki never came by. That's weird. Maybe it's a cover up? Ask Bakugou maybe." You shrug, your act still keeping up in authenticity.

"Well okay. I'll see you at lunch right?" You nod and give a thumbs up. The green haired boy walked off and your face immediately fell.

"Fucking Todoroki." You pressed play on your music and made your way to class

"Okay everyone today we have a few of the seniors here to talk about hero work since they're legally able to go out and fight as hero's now." Mr. Aizawa a voice was monotone as three students walked in, the blind being what seemed like the epitome of joy.

"Hi everyone! My names Mirio Togata! These are my friends Tamaki and a Nejire!" The boys voice was sweet, but you could read him like a book from your desk in the back.

His friend was more scared than anything and you could feel yourself slipping into his despair and feeding off of it. You were pretty hungry anyway but despite that, you couldn't help the aura that spread over the room like wild fire as you fed off this boys energy.

"Y/n cut it out." Aizawa grumbles, making everyone's attention turn to you including the three students that were talking to your class.

"What? I stopped, didn't I?!" Your voice has dropped an octave, a growl sounding from deep within you. The other students glanced away awkwardly.

As if the tension wasn't already high,  your semi-uncontrollable quirk made it worse.

"Sorry about that Mirio, continue." Aizawa encouraged, still glancing at you a bit in irritation.

Today really wasn't your day.

-timeskip-

The cafeteria was pretty talkative today, so as soon as you got your lunch your exited as soon as you could.  Of course it couldn't be as simple as walking out the cafeteria to eat somewhere more comfortable. Since today was biting you in the ass and the universe was laughing in your face, you happened to not be paying attention and bumped into someone, spilling the contents of your lunch tray onto them.

"I'm sorry! I'll help you clean that up." You apologized a bit nonchalantly before hearing a bright and cheery laugh.

"No worries girlie! I wasn't paying attention either! How about I give you my lunch instead so you're not hungry?" You gulped, feeling embarrassment build in your chest and spread through the tips of your fingers.

"Really? I mean I'd hate to have you be hungry and a mess because of my silly mistake." You chuckle nervously.

The large blonde only  smiled and patted the top of your head.

"Really it's no problem. Plus you can just hang with us. I feel like when we were talking to your class earlier the tension was high."
His words hadn't so much registered in your brain at first but soon enough you had figured out that the person you had just so stupidly stumbled into was Mirio Togata, the senior that spoke to your class earlier.

It wasn't so much that you hated Mirio, but the energy he gave off. NONE! He gave off no sense of pain or anger, or frustration of any kind as far as you could tell! Either he hid it really well and you simply couldn't pick up on it or this bozo really was as happy go lucky as he portrayed.

"Aha. Yeah, no thanks. Besides I don't think your friend is too comfortable with me being around him." You pointed to the anxiety ridden boy that was currently trembling at Mirio's side.

Now that was the one you fed off of. Even unknowingly you seemed to get yourself full from his anxious behavior and fear.

The blonde only smiles as well as the blue haired girl standing next to him.

"Really no worries! Tamaki is always like that, he just had to warm up to you!" You looked at the gloomy young boy once more.

You gave up trying to convince them to leave you be, and walked with the ground anyway.

-during lunch-

"And then Tamaki was freaking out and had to get my mom!" Mirio chuckled , taking a bite of his replacement food after he finished his sentence.

You giggled a bit at the story, finding yourself enjoying their company. The four of you had gotten into a conversations about discovering quirks for the first time and what not. They all seemed to have nice and unique stories about how they got their quirks.

"What about you! How's your get your quirk y/n?" Nejire asked in excitement. Their attention turned to you, making your stomach turn.

"Oh haha it's not great. Not as great as you guys!" You explain, trying to turn the conversation around.

"Awe don't be shy y/n! That's Tamaki's job!" You chuckled at Mirio's joke while he ruffled Tamakis hair. You finally gave in with a light sigh.

"Alright.... well when I was little...."