chapter 23 - showtime.

Suiran's pov.

i am freaking nervous for some reason.we're performing after years and it felt so nostalgic.

"hey, you nervous?" kaira asked as she wrapped her arm around my shoulders.

" a little.. do you think they'll be mad that i didn't told them about this?" i asked her, referring to my friends and my boyfriend..

i small smile popped on my face as soon as i remembered that im dating him already.

we all jolted as screams errupted making us look upfront at the game.

we were currently seated upfront where not much students were sitting since oba san was seating here alongside some of the school staffs.

we were wearing mask to cover our faces since the performance was supposed to be a surprise and oba san asked us to wear simple clothes instead of our stage costumes.

if you call this simple.

im wearing my nike cropped top and my black and white shirt

im wearing my nike cropped top and my black and white shirt.. and also not forgetting to wear hayato's jersey jacket.. causing a little uproar to the students...

"eh? whose that? i didn't know kamitani had a girlfriend already"

" is that why he rejected me?"

"whose that bitch?"

"she looks like someone kamitani would date tho"

"how lucky!"

"i bet she isn't even that pretty!"

"she looks familiar?"

" i swear if they dont stop, im going to give them to that pitcher and ask him to throw them to the moon" Mari irritatingly said as she pointed at hayato whose pitching right now.

we all giggled at her remark.

"I'll help you for sure" hashiro said with a giggle as they high fived.

"woah~ you're boyfriend is pretty good sui" Aoi said making me blush.

"y-yeah he is" i said with a small proud smile.

"and hot!"mari said teasingly making me punch her gently on her arm. "owieee"

"i heard the other school paid a girlgroup to perform today"

" eh? does that mean we'll lose again this year?"

"surely.. as if the chairwoman would pay a girlgroup to defend our school.. she's kinda cheap dont cha think?"

"yah! she'll hear you! you dont wanna be held back a year right?"

only if you knew. we all giggled at their words as we exchanged knowing looks.

" ne ne~ i wonder who this rookie group will be?" hashiro said as we tried to guess.

"no need to guess.. first half is already over." kaira said making us turn to the front as a group of five girls came.

we all looked at each other clearly confused since we're not familiar with this girlgroup.

"maybe they recently just debuted?" hashiro asked confusedly.

but as soon as they started performing... we frozed hearing our songs play.

"wannabees" mari blurted with a giggle as one girl tried hitting the note of mari's line.

we smack her as she only giggled. gosh. her judgemental side is showing.

but my eyes were torn away when i saw hayato came close to our seats.
we were seating upfront and it was a bit low so he easily rested his arms on the short wall.

he was all sweaty but he still held that poker face of his making me giggle. i stood up from my seat, pulling my mask down to show my toothy grin that made him crack a small smile.

i pulled out my handkerchief slamming it unto his face.

"HAHA what the hell Sui?" my bandmates said with a laugh.

i giggled as he took the handkerchief off his face, glaring at me.

"aww you tired?" i asked innocently patting his head.

"why are you wearing such short clothes?"he asked raising his eyebrows at me.

i kinda froze.. feeling embarrassed since this is actually the first time i wore shorts and a cropped shirt infront of him.

i felt my face burn for a moment. "d-does it look weird?" i mumbled.

i saw his eyes soften and a small smirk appeared as he ruffled my hair, leaning close to kiss my forehead.

"you look irresistible." he whispered before heading where his teammates were since break time was over.

and so is the performance.

i felt anxious knowing we were up next... but i cant help but smile and blush as i stared at hayato's blank face while talking with his teammates.

"awww~ you're such a hoe!" hashiro squealed as i sat back.

and as per usual the older girls flicked her forehead for using the word.

"WOOOOHHH!!" I screamed along the crowd as our team scored another point.

"students please try to relax as a performance from our school commence this-" inomata's voice from the speakers drowned out my system as the five of us checked our mics upfront the bleachers where everyone cant see us.

grandma went a little all out tho. she called one of our manager for a camera man so that our performance would show up the large screen under the score board.

"you guys ready?" kaira onii said as she placed her arm upfront.

we smiled at each other feeling nostalgic as we cheered our little teamchant.

"let's set this field on fire!" mari said pumping her fist to the air as inomata gestured for us to head to the middle of the field.

the student's chattering quietened when we stood our stance and a familiar and probably nostalgic song came, taking their attention.

"no way.."

"maybe it's also a rookie girl group?"

"who are those? i haven't seen them around campus before"

"they're too far..  i couldn't see them clearly!".

"there's no way this is ILONA right?'

"yeah they disbanded years ago!"

"hey? isn't Sui chan going to be performing too?"

"maybe she's the short haired one?"

"GO SUIRAN!! WOOO!!"

"Let's do this!" i said through the mic as we took our mask off.

we looked at Kiro nii our camera man and when he nodded as a sign that the screen was finally airing i couldn't help but smile excitedly as the student's suddenly scream from disbelief as Mari, Aoi, Hashiro and then Kaira's face came onto the screen and lastly mine.

"IS THAT SOOMIN!?"