Chapter 7

A/N: writer's block can smd,, it do be past 5am tho,,, also sometime soon I'll be going back to edit previous chapters, so I'll make sure to mention when i do

yes i changed the cover, fight me

TW: Mention of injuries??

After Roman helped me over to a bench to sit, I clutched my throbbing arm once more. Looking down at the ground, I asked, "W-why are y-you guys even h-here so early in the m-morning?".

"Well Remus and I walk to school because we live nearby so we stop to take a walk in the park first."

He paused and asked, "Now why were you here so early, and by yourself at that?"

I froze for a second, unsure of what to say since I was still wearing my clothes from yesterday and I had my backpack with me.

Do I just tell the truth? It's not like they'll care. It's my family, my problem to deal with, anyways.

"U-um well my dad g-got mad at me and so I s-slept here last n-night. It's not a big deal, though." I looked up to see the twins staring at me, seemingly lost for words. "What do you mean it's not a big deal?! You literally slept overnight in a park." Roman exclaimed after a few seconds, worry lacing his voice.

"I mean exactly that. It's my p-problem, you guys d-don't need to pretend to c-care about me, y'know. Just leave me here, I-I'll be f-fine."

Roman and Remus shared a concerned look at eachother. Remus then said, "We literally beat those assholes after seeing you. I wouldn't do that if I didn't care."

Roman let out a sigh when I sat there without responding. "At least let us help you take care of your injuries. Please?"

I looked up at Roman and then Remus, trying to decide what the best course of action would be. "W-what time is it?" I asked after a moment of silence.

Remus pulled his phone out to check. "5:47 in the morning."

I can let them do that much right? I shouldn't be late at least..

"F-fine. As l-long as I won't be l-late to school."

"I promise you'll be on time, we live in the neighborhood right down the street!" Roman exclaimed triumphantly as he helped me to stand from the bench while Remus held my bag and jacket.

~time skip brought to you by the angst from SVS redux (and yes, they did leave those guys behind in the park)~

After around 15 or 20 minutes we made it to the twins' house and went inside. Roman walked me over to a couch, sitting next to me.

"Remus can you get the first aid kit and some rubbing alcohol?"

Remus rolled his eyes and gave a salute. "Yessir, mister boss man." He dropped my bag and jacket down next to me and disappeared into another room.

"Okay this is gonna sound weird but can you take off your shirt? I need to see where you got hurt."

"Y-you're right, that d-does sound weird," I replied with a snarky attitude. I took off my shirt slowly and painfully, wincing every now and then. I looked down at my arm that had been in the most pain and saw a large swelling bruise.

Well that explains why my arm feels like it got hit by a car.

When I looked up I saw Remus return to the living room holding the rubbing alcohol and first aid kit, along with some cotton balls. He handed the cotton balls and rubbing alcohol to Roman.

Roman turned to me after applying some to a cotton ball. "This is probably gonna sting, so I apologize in advance."

I nodded and Roman began cleaning any open wounds I had. I winced in pain every so often, but I just endured the pain.

After about 10 minutes Roman had successfully patched me up. "There, that's better, right? Did I wrap anything too tight?"

I shook my head. "N-no, everything's f-fine. Thanks."

Remus pulled out his phone and glanced at the screen. "It's 6:15 so we should start heading to school guys."

"I suppose you're right," Roman stated, agreeing. He then turned to me once more.

"Are you sure you're still planning on going to school? You could barely walk earlier."

"Yes, I'm sure," I replied firmly.

He let out a sigh. "Alright then, let's go."

A/N: I'M FINALLY FINISHED WITH THIS DAMNED CHAPTER