Chapter 12

A/N: The platonic creativitwins content owns my whole heart I'm just sayin 👉🏼👈🏼

TW: mention of injury, Remus, fighting, Roman kinda gay tho, perhaps a tiny lil smidge of angst

Roman's POV

Remus and I were once again walking the park trail together before heading to school. I was walking casually, savoring the crisp, cool breeze blowing into my face. Meanwhile Remus was hopping around looking for bugs to catch. 

"Ooh! Roman! I found a centipede!" He exclaimed, running at me with the bug in his hand. 

"Remus, I swear to god you better get that bug away from me!" I yelled, quickly running from him as he continued to chase me with the large bug. We ran down the trail, eventually turning it into a game as we were laughing our asses off at one point.

I sprinted down the dark trail laughing, but came to an immediate stop when I saw a dark lump on the ground next to the trail. Remus caught up to me and followed my gaze, spotting the same thing I had seen. 

"Cool! I wonder if it's a dead body!" He approached them after grabbing a stick and began prodding at the unconscious person.

"Remus! What if they're alive and you're hurting them!" I scolded, smacking him in the arm. I carefully approached the person that looked about our age. 

"Hello..?" I attempted to get their attention, but they were definitely out cold. Their back was to us so I didn't know who they were, but I was almost scared to move them.

"Stop being a pussy and flip 'em over," Remus said as he shoved me out of the way. I watched over Remus' shoulder as he carefully flipped the person onto their back, and I gasped as I saw their face. 

"V... Virgil?!" I said after Remus and I remained speechless for a second. 

"He looks like crap." Remus said matter-of-factly.

"No shit, Sherlock. He must've slept in the park again..." My heart ached for him. I wish he would ask for help rather than letting himself end up like this, especially since... I like him. I felt attracted to him the moment Patton introduced him to us. It hasn't even been that long and I'm already attracted to him. I mentally face-palmed myself for growing attached to a person so quickly, especially since he was probably straight.

I sighed sadly and ran a hand through his hair. "Come on Remus, we can't just leave him here. We'll question how he ended up like this later. For now we need to make sure he isn't too badly injured or anything."

"Yea yea, I know Mr. Bossy." Remus said with a sarcastic salute. I knelt down as Remus lifted Virgil onto my back. We walked back down the path to head back to our house and I held Virgil protectively on my back. We were walking silently, besides Remus' constant bug searching, until a voice called loudly out to us.

"HEY! KIDS!" Remus and I whipped our heads around and in the distance we saw those same guys we had fought for beating up Virgil. I glanced over at Remus and I could tell he recognized them as he reflexively rested a hand on the pocket with his switchblade.

"Shit.." I couldn't fight if I was holding Virgil, but I didn't want to put him on the ground in case he was too injured. Remus noticed this as well and whispered to me, "I can hold off these fuckers, just get Virgil out of here."

I looked at him as if he was crazy (more crazy than he already is). "I'm not just gonna leave you here, dumbass," I whisper yelled, "It would be 3 against one!"

"Roman," he said in a voice more serious than I'd heard from him in a while, "Relax. You and I have both dealt with worse, this is nothing. Now get the hell out of here, I don't want either of you getting hurt since you can't fight with Virgil on your back."

I lingered for a second, unsure of what decision I should make. "Please, Ro." Remus said, pulling out his switch as the three guys got closer.

I sighed, giving in. "Fuck you. You better not die." I ran off down the trail without looking back even once, my nerves shot. The only thing keeping my legs from giving out from stress was the adrenaline pumping through my veins. 

Fuck fuck fuck... Remus better know what the hell he's doing because I am not losing my twin.

Remus' POV

"I can hold off these fuckers, just get Virgil out of here," I said noticing that Roman couldn't fight while holding Virgil. 

Roman looked panicked at my words and replied, "I'm not just gonna leave you here, dumbass! It would be 3 against one!"

I clenched my teeth and said, "Roman. Relax. You and I have both dealt with worse, this is nothing. Now get the hell out of here, I don't want either of you getting hurt since you can't fight with Virgil on your back."

Roman hesitated for a second, looking like he was only considering it.

"Please, Ro."

He sighed and turned to run. "Fuck you. You better not die." And with that he ran off down the trail with Virgil on his back, not looking back even once. 

I turned to the three approaching figures and tightened my grip on my switch. My expression darkened and I was more than ready to kill these guys in cold blood. No one messes with my friends.

"Well, well, well," said the one that I remembered stabbing, "Did you decide to be the hero of the day, kid?"

I gritted my teeth angrily. "Oh shut it, old man. So, how did my blade feel getting stabbed into your skin? I've been dying to know."

He growled dangerously and replied, "You better fucking watch it. I won't hesitate to kill you, even if you're just a dumbass kid."

I smirked, my expression darkening further. "That's funny, I was just thinking the exact same thing, grandpa."

He seemed to snap at that and, to my surprise, pulled out a switchblade of his own. 

This somewhat changes things... Fuck.

My brain was working quickly, thinking out what my first move should be. That's one thing that I've always been proud about, I can think pretty fast when I'm fighting or if I'm under pressure. (🎶UNDER PRESSURE🎶)

I looked at the other two guys that were on his sides and saw that the one to his right also had a switch. The one to his left had brass knuckles he'd placed on his fists.

Well I didn't really account for that, now did I. Shit... Roman's gonna freak if I come home beat half to death.

I laughed off my nerves and ran at the one in the center, swiping my blade at him maniacally. I felt movement to my left as the other one with a switch ran at me with the intention to stab me. At the last second I pushed myself frantically out of the way, breathing heavily.

Without even a moment to catch my breath, the third one sent me backwards with an unrelenting punch to my side. 

"Fuck!" I hissed out painfully, a hand on my side. 

I bet this fucker cracked one of my ribs 'cause holy hell that hurt. I need to focus on getting one of them out of the way, all three at once is gonna get me killed for sure..