Chapter 16

A/N: love how this started as a high school au but now its just the angst of high schoolers with a side of romance lmao,,,

⬇️⚠️please read⚠️⬇️
so lately I've lost motivation for this book. I'd really appreciate some feedback on it. if y'all like it then I'll keep writing it. if not, I'll just discontinue it for now, cuz i don't want to keep writing a book that im not putting my all into. like, this chapter for example: i feel like it could honestly be better, i feel like i didn't really put any emotion behind it or anything. so yea, let me know what you guys think.

TW: mention of injury, Remus, hospital

Remus' POV

I woke up with a groan, reaching a hand up to my head as I suddenly got a splitting headache. As I pried open my eyes, I was met with blinding white lights above me, causing me to wince and shut my eyes once more. Attempting to open my eyes a second time, I was able to open them all the way and took in my surroundings.

My eyes widened when I realized I was in a hospital bed, with bandages and stitches covering various parts of my body. I immediately tried getting out of the bed only to let out a silent cry of pain and fall limp against the bed.

Yeah no, I hate this. I'm like a useless spaghetti man, except a spaghetti man sounds cool. And tasty. Ok, well now I just want a fucking spaghetti man.

Just as I was about to try getting up again I heard a soft gasp from the doorway. I looked over and was surprised to see Roman start crying.

"Hey hey, what's wrong? Why're you crying?" I said, startled by my twin's sudden flow of tears.

"Y-You're awake! I-I thought-- I was scared that-- I--" Roman stuttered, clearly overwhelmed as he rushed over to my side and gave me a gentle but firm hug, which was definitely not something he does often. We aren't really the "huggy" kind of siblings. We're more of the rowdy dumbass type.

"Bro, I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere. Stop crying, alright? The faster you stop having a breakdown the faster I can get out of this dump."

Roman let out a weak laugh. He looked like shit, not gonna lie. As if he's not slept for his entire life. "Well, I guess your brain is still intact, you idiot." He said, a smile lingering on his face as he brushed away his tears and released me from the hug. We fell into a comfortable silence after Roman took a seat on the stiff-looking chair next to me. It was just silent minus the sounds of various hospital equipment, doctors and patients walking down the halls, and the A/C unit that consistently turned off and on from the corner of the room I was in.

After a few minutes I decided to break the silence and asked, "So where's the lil emo? I thought I saw him in the park right before I passed out.I can't really rememberm though, it's a bit fizzy."

"Fizzy? Don't you mean fuzzy?"

"Nah, my head feels like a coke bottle that just got a whole strip of mentos dropped into it."

"O-okay then.. Anyways, I totally forgot to mention what happened. So basically..."

*this is a brief flashback if it wasn't obvious*
Roman's POV

I held Remus in my arms, frozen in shock as he fell limp. I turned to Virgil with panic in my eyes, who was now kneeling next to me in the grass.

"D-Don't panic, we just n-need to c-call an ambulance!" Virgil exclaimed, quickly fumbling to get his phone out of his pocket. Virgil dialled the number with shaky hands, quickly explained the situation, and was told that paramedics would be on the way and to remain calm.

I took a shaky breath and stood up carefully with Remus in my arms, doing my best not to jostle him around in case I worsened his injuries.

"W-What are you doing??" Virgil asked, confused by my actions.

"T-Taking him closer to the parking lot, don't worry," I replied, trying to get my panic under control. I was not losing my fucking twin. If I lost him, it would feel like I lost a whole part of myself. I just didn't know how bad his injuries were, I didn't know if he had a concussion, I didn't even know if he'd wake up!

Blinking back my tears, I knelt down on the sidewalk next to the parking lot with Remus cradled in my arms just as an ambulance and two police (🤢 ew, ACAB you fucking pigs, um anyways) cars pulled into the lot with their sirens blaring. The paramedics spotted us and quickly set to work, getting Remus situated inside the ambulance with an oxygen mask on to regulate his breathing.

"Are you his twin?" One of the cops asked after they approached us.

"Y-yes, but can this please wait until after we get him to the hospital?" I said, my eyes frantically darting between the cops and the ambulance.

"Fine, we'll meet you there," the cop agreed.

Virgil and I were allowed into the ambulance as it sped away to the hospital. The cops stayed behind at the park to pick up the three guys that were still unconcious in the grass where we had left them.

It was a very tense ride to the hospital, the only loud sounds were the siren and the paramedics making small talk every now and then. I only replied to be polite, but in all honesty I felt like passing out from how nervous I was in that moment.

Virgil reached over and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. "Stay calm, Roman, he'll be alright," Virgil said in a quiet voice, just loud enough for me to hear. I knew he was nervous, too, but I could tell he was just trying to reassure me. I looked at him gratefully and squeezed his hand back, holding his hand the rest of the ride.

Ten minutes later, it felt like a blur when we got to the hospital. Remus was rushed out and we followed as far as we were allowed, until we were told to wait in the nearby room. Virgil and I walked stiffly over to the waiting room and plopped heavily into a seat.

I leaned forward and sighed deeply, pinching the bridge of my nose with my elbows resting on my thighs. I was constantly reminding myself that I needed to stay calm, but my nerves were shot. I spared a glance over to Virgil and he sat with his eyes closed as he leaned back tiredly in the chair. I knew he was exhausted since he was injured, himself.

I desperately wanted to ask what happened to him, but I also didn't want to seem like I was prying into his business. Everything has just been moving so fast this past week, I don't know how many more surprises I can take.

A/N: 👁👁