Chapter 9

A/N: Thanks for being patient with me, I really just needed a break from life cuz I'm just always stressed out of my mind, so the break really didn't change that,,, anyways, i hope you enjoy this chapter, i made it slightly longer than usual cuz why not. ALSO, I'll be posting the first chapter to the three other stories I'm writing after this one is up

the photo above is what i picture Remus wearing to school,,,

Sorry if this chapter is a bit anticlimactic, I just needed to write something chill, but THE FIRST CHAPTER TO THE OTHER STORIES IS BEING POSTED RIGHT AFTER THIS ONE :P

TW: Remus the rat man

Virgil's POV

It was the end of my second day at my new high school and I was once again sitting in art class, unsure of what the hell I would draw for my assignment.

Something important... something important... WHAT THE FUCK IS IMPORTANT

I dropped my pencil onto my blank sketchbook page and rested my face in my hands, beyond frustrated. Remus must've noticed because he piped up next to me, "What's up with you?"

I sighed and turned to look at him. "It's j-just that I d-don't have an i-idea for the assignm-ment."

He looked at me as if I had said something utterly stupid. "Just draw something important, you don't need to think so hard."

I glared at him. "I-If it was th-that easy I wouldn't b-be so l-lost."

"Well then why don't you draw me! Paint me like one of those French bitches or whatever the saying is." He posed dramatically after standing from his seat, a hand on his hip.

I laughed, feeling a bit of the stress lift from my shoulders. "Wh-why not? I don't h-have much else t-to do."

Remus suddenly looked overly excited at the idea of being drawn. "Ooh, draw me like this!" He got onto the floor and got into a dramatic pose once again.

~Time skip brought to you by Lily Padton~

By the time the end of class came around I only had enough time to draw Remus' head and the top of his shoulders.

(this is what he drew) ^

A few minutes before the last bell rang, Remus shot up from where he was sitting. "Lemme see, lemme see!"

"O-okay, okay! H-here." I slid my sketchbook over to show my progress with his portrait.

His eyes widened and part of me worried that he didn't like it until he exclaimed, "YOU MADE ME LOOK HOT!"

I laughed and felt my face get hot since I wasn't used to anyone complimenting my art. "I'm g-glad you l-like it."

*last bell rings*

"Come on let's go, let's go!" Remus exclaimed, dragging me out of the class as soon as the bell sounded. We raced down the hall as Remus weaved through the large crowd of students that were also leaving the school.

"S-s-slow down!" I called out to Remus, which he seemed to ignore as he ran out the school doors with me being dragged after him. After a minute or two he finally skidded to a stop when he made it to the sidewalk. I was breathing heavily as I tried to catch my breath after running so quickly, especially since Remus is taller than me and takes longer strides.

"Ugh, Roman always takes forever." Remus complained.

"Well y-yeah, you did j-just run through th-the fuckin' school." I replied in a snarky tone.

"Hey Virge!" A familiar voice called out. I turned from where I stood on the sidewalk to see Roman running up to us. "Sorry I took so long, I was putting away the props we used in theatre."

"Yeah yeah, whatever," Remus said waving his hand dismissively, "Let's hurry up and head home so I can keep trying to access the Dark Web. I wanna see if I can buy an organ or something!" He skipped down the sidewalk excitedly as Roman and I followed. As we continued on in a comfortable silence I couldn't help but worry about other things.

Should I head home today? What if Father gets mad? But where would I go if I don't go home? I definitely don't want to go back to that park, but I don't know what other option there is...

I was brought of my thoughts by someone suddenly pulling me back by the arm, which made me wince in pain, but I bore through it.

Roman's POV

I was walking alongside Virgil as we left the school to head to our homes. I glanced over at Virgil and saw him spacing out, seemingly lost in thought.

Cute-- Wait.. cute? I swear to all things gay, I just met him. Calm down hormones. He might not even like guys anyways, and even if he did he wouldn't like me anyways...

As we continued down the sidewalk, I stopped behind Remus as we waited for a chance to cross the street. Remus, as usual, was crouched down and looking for a bug to grab. As I glanced to my side I was surprised to see Virgil wasn't there.

"Virgil..?" No response.

I looked around quickly and suddenly spotted him walking into the street, still appearing to be lost in thought. Immediately I bolted forward and yanked him out of the street just as a car sped past.

"There's cars coming! You could've gotten hit!"

He mumbled something under his breath before replying, "S-sorry... I w-was just lost i-in th-thought, I'm o-okay.."

I sighed and looked at him with concern for a few seconds to make sure he was really okay, but I looked away as the traffic light changed. I began to cross the street and dragged Remus off the ground by his bag as I walked past him.

"Hey!" Remus complained, "I had just seen this really fat beetle and I almost grabbed it!"

"You were probably gonna feed it to that spider you caught, anyways."

"You right," He replied with a shrug.

~Time skip brought to you by 2005's Just Like Heaven starring Mark Ruffalo and Reese Witherspoon~

Virgil's POV

The twins ended up walking me to my house since they knew this neighborhood wasn't the best. Roman told me the only reason they knew was because Patton lived here, too.

"Bye emo!!"

"Bye Virge!"

"Bye.."

As they walked off I nervously unlocked the door, unsure of what awaited me behind it. I just hoped Father was at least sober. His abuse wasn't as bad when he wasn't drunk as shit. I walked inside the eerily quiet house and shut the door as quietly as I could behind me. I gulped and walked down the hall, hoping to make it to my room without running into him.

I let out a relieved sigh as I entered into my room, and quickly made sure to lock my door. I dropped my backpack to the ground and tiredly threw my shoes off. Turning the corner I suddenly felt all my blood drain from my face.

"Hey babe."

"J-Janus..?"

A/N: HAHA CLIFFHANGER

ok so i came up with a posting schedule SOMEHOW,,, this schedule will start as soon as next week:
▪ Sunday: *break*
▪ Monday: *break*
▪ Tuesday: High School AU
▪ Wednesday: Sanders Sides Human AU
▪ Thursday: *break*
▪ Friday: A New Side (Sanders Sides)
▪ Saturday: I Was One Of Them (Virgil's Past)