Chapter Six • Invisible String

I woke up still in his chest. I looked at the wall clock and I saw it was already 5:00 pm. Massimo is still asleep. I walked out of the room to cook something for Massimo's and the rest of his people's dinner. I cooked some Spaghetti with Meatballs.

"You didn't have to do that. Where is Martha?" Massimo's voice deepened as I looked back to see him half-naked.

"Don't be so scary. I cooked because I miss cooking. I'd like to celebrate something that I found out a while ago."

"What did you found out?" He said confused and nervous.

"Calm down. I just figured out that you only look scary when you're awake." I said as I reach him to hold the side of his face with grace and he smirked.

"Okay." He said as he sat down.

"I can sense you looking at my butt, you pervert," I said as I mixed the sauce with pasta. 

"Okay come here we need to have a heart to heart talk."

"No, wait. Not now. Maybe later. Domenico?" I said to Massimo and called Domenico.

"Yes, madame?" He said.

"Can you please call the rest of the people? I cooked dinner." I asked to make Domenico call the rest.

"Um ma'am, we usually don't do that here." He replied.

"You should ask Don Massimo," I said and smiled while I put a special plating for Massimo's.

"Don Massimo, should I?" I heard him ask.

"That's what she said," Massimo said and facepalmed.

I heard Domenico's footsteps descend.

"Come on, don't be mad. Be nice for once." I whispered to Massimo as I put the special dish I made for him in front of him and kissing his ears.

"We will talk later." He said as he clenched his teeth and I can see the rest of the people entering the kitchen.

"Everyone, sit. I cooked for everybody. Make yourself feel at home." I said as they obeyed what I want them to do.

I didn't eat yet because I feel like I was full. I miss my parents. Do they know that Massimo kidnapped me? Or are they Massimo's apprentice? The world may never know.

I went to the bathroom and went to let out my bad tummy.

Massimo knocked at the door which made me nervous a little bit.

"Come on let's go upstairs." He said.

"I'm coming," I said as I let out everything that I need to let out and put out air freshener all over the place. I opened the door and there was Massimo resting his left arm on the right side of the door while waiting for me.

"Come on." He said as he held my hand and let me back to the dinner table.

"I hope you liked it, I can see everyone enjoying my specialty. How did it go?" I said to them.

"It was great. But it is greater if you'd put "Torricelli" on your last name." Domenico said while stuffing his mouth with food.

"Not so soon," I said and smiled but the dumbass lost his temper and carry me bridal style intentionally fast.

"I'm sorry guys, you can manage!" I shouted as I slap Massimo's back trying to convince him to put me down.

"I cannot wait. It took you so long." Massimo said as he sat me down on the bed.

"Was my cooking good?" I replied.

"Yes, it was. Thank you. Now, come let's have some quality time together." He smirked.

I didn't know Massimo has this side. One time, I was inches away from death but then he will bring me heaven. This man is so bipolar. I just can't understand him. It makes me kind of a bipolar too. Why? Because I had to deal with him in every situation he puts out and it depends on my mood.

"Okay, first thing in being a Mafia is having someone to kill because of wrongdoing, right?" I asked trying to initiate a conversation.

"Yeah yeah, right. Do you ever feel like your conscience is haunting you after doing it?" He asked.

"I was gonna ask you that. But no. They'd kill themselves with what they've been doing." I replied trying to get the message to him.

"I swear I was gonna say the same." He said and smiled.

"You know you look good when you smile. Whenever I see you smiling, I can sense that you're not problematic. At least away from having mafia problems." I said and I held the sides of his face and leaned in a little closer. I leaned in for a kiss but he tried to grab my boobs as we went in with the flow. I let him but in the mid-steamy thing that we are doing, I stopped him.

"I'm sorry." He said as he looked down.

"Okay let's go back. Let's talk. I want that." I said and Massimo laughed.

"Okay, let's talk." He said, smiling.

We talked for so long until I told him to stay with me for a while until I fall asleep.

————— Massimo's POV—————

I never talked about or see Laura again because she was gone for so long. I'm starting to think that I'm falling for Bellissa. We have such common things as what I had with Laura. She brings out the best in me and does what I want her to do. She knows how I feel sometimes. I think this is getting real.

Ever since I lost Laura, I must admit, I am still looking for her. I still crave her. I sometimes see Laura in Bellissa. But Bellissa makes me smile. She isn't that stubborn. I think this is real.

Laura never cooked for me. Bellissa did and it was awesome. I don't know, for right now I am confused and I kind of want to admit to her the things that I'm doing for Laura. That I'm still find her. That I can't seem to move on. I mean— I want to but I think she is still out there, waiting for me. I don't know. I'm confused. I think I'll just try it out with Bellissa as I command my men to find Laura.

—————————

Hi everyone! This is a short update but don't worry I'll be updating every day from now!

Also, we're almost at 1k views! Share this story with your friends now to celebrate!! I love you all!!

Love,
Leila