Chapter Twenty-Eight • Getaway Car

The last few weeks since we settled as friends have been very good. 

Too early in the morning. My phone rang out of nowhere. Where was it?

"Good morning, Belle." A very rough and aggressive voice said on the other end. 

"Good morning, Massimo. To what do I owe this early morning call?"

"Hey, do you maybe want to... like... go out with me?"

"Where to? if I might ask..."

"I'd like to take you out for lunch if that's possible,"

"Do I have a choice?"

"Look out your window."

Holy fuck. He was there, waiting. Sitting on the front light of his car, looking up at me with a smile on his face.

"What part of "we're just friends" do you not understand? Why won't you stop treating me like I was something else?"

"Relax, I just wanted to take you out for lunch. It was supposed to be breakfast but you woke up late. I do not like waiting." 

"That's your problem." 

"It's going to be your problem when I start walking towards your flat."

"Enlighten me please."

"You are so stubborn. I'll teach you how to relax."

The phone call ended. 

From the distance, I was trying to stop looking at Massimo because he's just addictive and I cannot get enough of him. He was talking to Domenico on the phone, and minutes later he was shouting and being so aggressive about what they just talked about.

Although Laura ruined Massimo as she goes off with other dudes, and that's still not fair. Massimo and I's friendship has been following its limits. No kissing, no sex, no feelings attached. I was teaching him how to control things when it gets too stressful.

We spent the day just together doing shopping, going out to dinner, and then staying at home. It's very confusing how this story of mine with Massimo went. There were too many chances. There were confusion and pretty complicated things. There was a cycle of no explanation because maybe there's no explanation at all. There's no need to have one, it's just as simple as it is. Massimo is meant to be with Laura. Massimo's love for Laura is invincible. He just needed help with what Laura can't give him. 

His marriage with Laura stood. They love each other. I cannot take that away from them. They're still married, and I helped Massimo fix his relationship with her. I recently just became friends with her. That's my way of helping Laura and Massimo.

I am not the girl who ruins things. I'm the one who fixes them.

Even if it meant destroying me.

It always feel so good until it hurts so bad.

In the middle of the night, I found myself dancing gracefully around my flat with Massimo. A cheesy romantic song was playing in the background and there I was... lost in his embrace.

Longing.

Wanting. 

But the one thing I know is that my feelings for Massimo never left.

Deep in my heart, I know I can still feel it. 

But I knew that there are people in our life that is only meant to teach us a lesson so we can be ready for what more is about to come. 

I love Massimo.

I always will.