Chapter Thirteen • Exile

Fuck. I need to break away from this. All I can reach was my phone. That's okay. I can make this work.

I ran as fast as I can and man, does this marathon seem to end? Also, I need to work on my cardio. Hm.

I dialed a familiar phone number on the phone.

"Hey. Hello."

"Ms. Maranzano?"

"Yes. Have the jet ready in 15 minutes. I'm taking a cab to the airport. See you there." I said as I hung up.

Shit. Thank God a cab was around the corner. I stopped it and ride.

"To the airport. Fast."

This is it. I'm going back to New York. I hope Massimo will finally let me go this time.

A few minutes later, I realized I was crying. I was at the airport. I still ran. I wanted to break away from this. I finally broke out of Massimo's grip. I'll be going back to New York.

"Bellissa, don't do this to me," Massimo said in my phone voicemail.

"I think I've seen this scene before. And I didn't like the ending." I whispered to myself as I rolled my eyes and turned to the clouds to see the cities of Italy under me.

Goddamn, Massimo. You didn't even see my signs.

My phone rang and it was Domenico calling me.

"Hello, Domenico. If you're going to tell me to go back to Massimo, please don't because yes I do, I love him. So much. But what the fuck, is this a game to him? he'd tell me he wants to be with me but then do the complete opposite and I'm not in any way proud of that. Now I'm on my way back to New York and nothing, no one, rather, can stop me!" I rant out.

"Yes, he does. He does love you. And thank you for telling him where you are going." A different voice said on the phone.

Fuck, that was Massimo.

"You're not my homeland anymore so what am I defending now?" I said.

"Come back. Please." He begged.

"I'll never run back to you," I said.

"Oh, but you would. It was fate."

"It wasn't fate. It was you. Thank God, I didn't marry you."

"Sometimes, we have to make our own luck."

"Really, we do? I didn't have to make my own luck. I was lucky enough to fall in love with a mafia boss which is you and damn look who's hurting now."

"You have to admit you really love me so much."

"No."

I hung up the phone knowing Massimo will be in New York too. I reached the pilot at the very point of the plane.

"Can we change routes? Let's go back to Italy."

"But ma'am—"

"Please."

"Okay, ma'am we're gonna need to land at the nearest airport first and then go back to Italy."

"Okay. Thank you,"

I felt a relief knowing that I'm 2 steps ahead of Massimo. I'd go back to my parents' house while he'd be in New York trying to find me. Thank God New York is big.

And now we land at some airport. I hope this works. I'm going back to my parents.

——————————

I'm so sorry guys for 2 things. 1, this is a short update and 2, I haven't updated for long. I was quite busy in school and I have a job to work now, I'm a working student so I was very busy. I will find more ways to update this for you guys, please don't forget about watch me burn.

No, the book IS NOT ENDING. We have a long way to go to and I have so many plans.

Also, 4k++ reads?! This is insane!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH, KEEP SHARING AND READING! God bless & stay safe!!

Love,
Leila