Chapter Sixteen • I Forgot That You Existed

I was very sad about how I was treated by Massimo's mother. She doesn't have the right to show that attitude to me.

I contacted my pilot and told him to heat the engines of my plane as I will travel back to New York and be with Kath. Permanently. Maybe it is time to spend time with her. Everything in Italy is what I do not like. This is not how I expected it to be.

Now that I'm on my car on the way to the airport, I smashed my phone and opened my car door to throw it away, along with my sim card number so that I cannot be contacted by Massimo and Domenico or even my parents. I want a night off of them. Going back to Italy was a mess.

****** 10 hours later *****

I looked up my contacts notebook and dialed Kath's number. Thank God she answered.

"Hey,"

"Hey roomie, long time no talk. How are you? Where are you?"

"I came home to my family and now I just landed in New York. Let's meet somewhere!"

"Maybe Ruby's will do the trick! Let's go to the nearest Ruby's from our flat so we'll meet halfway! I'll see you there in a few!"

"Okay, see ya!"

The phone call ended and then I opened my private jet's doors which I can access on my part.

The breeze of the city that never sleeps makes me remember the good times I have here. I can't wait to bring it back.

In the minutes of waiting until I get to Ruby's was quiet, peaceful, and sad. I kinda miss Massimo but there is a part of me that doesn't want to think about him right now. It's really fucking weird.

I looked down at the ring Massimo gave me. Shit. What should I do with this? Maybe it's best if I remove it just for tonight and have some fun. After all, it doesn't mean anything.

A few minutes later, I was already at the place Kath and I are supposed to meet.

"Hey!" I shouted at her and when she saw me, her face lit up as if she's a little child that sees a balloon for the first time.

"I missed you!" She said as she leaned in for a hug. Her vanilla scent was stuck in my nose, knowing she wore it to indulge men tonight.

It was a nice thing I had with Kath, that even if we're not that close, we still treat each other as best friends.

"Let's not bring alcohol on for a while. Let's just talk first okay? Then the rest will go by as we stay." I said and smiled.

"That's what this is about, right? But maybe we should order something for starters." She said and smiled back.

"Shirley Temple, as always," I said to her.

"Uhuh," she said and ordered our drinks.

"Okay, so how do we start?" I initiated.

"How are you, girl?" She asked.

"I am fine. I guess."

"You seem sad, Prisci."

"About that, I also like to open up things to you about myself."

"I'm all ears." She said and smiled as I bit my lips to get the kickstart of saying it to her.

"I was given the time off for my birthday—"

"Before you continue, I greet you happy birthday and I'm kind of sad that you didn't reply."

"About that— I lost my phone on my way back to Italy. I'm sorry but thank you, though."

"Okay, continue."

"Okay, I uhh—"

"Shirley Temple for the pretty lady in beige and a Margarita for the gorgeous blonde woman. Thank you!" The waiter said as we get interrupted.

"Thank you, please don't stop coming." Kath smiled as the waiter walked away. I brought my eyes back to Kath.

"I am not who you think I am."

"Whatever do you mean?"

"I uhh— my name is not Priscilla Crawford."

"So I was letting in a stranger named Priscilla with a secret identity in my flat all along?"

"Yes," I said as I took a sip of my Sherley Temple.

"Tell me more—" she said as she enjoyed her Margarita.

"Okay, I am hiding in the identity of some woman called Priscilla Crawford, my real name is Bellissa Maranzano."

"Thank God you finally admit it. I knew that all along but is it true? Maranzano, you mean the finest Mafia family in Italy?"

"Yes. And what do you mean you knew it all along?"

"I saw some of your IDs at our flat. I was curious at first but now I get it because you told me yourself."

The conversation went on between me and Kath as we take sips of our drinks.

She started ordering alcoholic drinks.

After all, there is quite a lot of catching up to do.

"Okay, so how was he?"

"He was good but he is also kind of a pain in the ass."

"By the story you told me, I can tell." She said as her words slurred.

"Hey, pretty ladies." A man said.

"Excuse me, do we know you?" we asked in chorus.

"No, but as soon as I walked into this club, I can't take my eyes off of you." He said as he walked away.

"Man, that was nice," Kath said and to be honest I felt my cheeks heating up. Whether it is because of what the man said or the alcohol I drank acting up.

Soon enough, I felt like I was getting drunk and drunk but Kath was on the dance floor, I just sat there.

The man once reached me again and attempted to start a conversation.

"You alone? Need some company?"

"Yeah. Kind of. Who are you? What do you want?"

The conversation kept going until the man finally went out with me. My vision was blurry and I was very drunk but I came with him.

Shit. I finally forgot Massimo existed.

————————————

This was a lame update but don't worry it wont last long! I hope you like it and see you in the next pages!

Lovelots,
Leila