Chapter Fifteen • Cardigan

My feelings for Massimo were never gone. It just never goes away. I just feel bad because of the fact that he can't stop loving Laura. When she's gone, Massimo doesn't love her but when she's around, his world revolves around her like it was nothing.

Me being Massimo's favorite was insane. But I think I was just his option. I was never his choice. I never was.

He tries to make up for our broken engagement by trying to talk to me all the time. Also, by sleeping next to me and hugging me as if there were no tomorrow.

I was hugging him back and it felt like I was glued to him. Like I didn't want him to go anywhere. Looking at his face, I tried to touch it but he awakes and prevented me from doing so.

"So, no touch now?"

"It's just I'm not used to it."

"But let me."

"I'm trying."

"Massimo, what do you really want? Why is it that you keep on pushing me away and pulling me back when I finally go away?"

"Marry me. Please."

"Is this about the mafia business? Why do you want me to marry you?"

"No. It's not that—"

"Then what Massimo?!"

"I WANT YOU WITH ME ALL THE TIME! BUT I ALSO WANT LAURA."

I was devastated by what he just told me. I pulled myself together and went away to the bathroom. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK THOSE HE WANT ME TO DO THEN?!

"My mom wants to meet you."

"I'm not your puppet. You should go call Laura and introduce her instead."

"I want you."

"I don't want you."

"Bellissa, I love you."

I didn't respond. My whole body freezes. I was very angry and confused. I wasn't so sure if I can say it back.

"You what?"

"I said I love you."

"I'm not sure I'd want to say it back."

"Why?"

"Because I don't think I feel the same. I'm confused, I was hurt. I don't know what to do anymore."

But I agree to meet his mother. I took a bath and I dressed nicely in a cardigan. For sure I'd want his mother to vote for me instead of Laura.

***at the restaurant***

Massimo and I arrived and he kissed his mom on the cheek and she turns her head to me as I let out my hand, wanting to shake hands with her. The smile on her face faded away as she ignores my kind gesture. That attitude though.

"Who might this heartbreaker be?" She said as she raised her brow on me.

"She's my girlfriend, mom."

"She is? You are the daughter of the Maranzanos, right?"

"Yes, I am Bellissa Maranzano."

"I didn't know you were in a relationship with a player on the opposing team." She said to Massimo as she turned her back and went to our table.

When you are young they assume you know nothing. This lady is no exception. I was just getting into my instincts that something bad is going on. I really hope this turns out well.

—————————

2nd update of the day!! I'm really trying my best. I hope you like it! Lovelots!! See you in the next chapter!! ❤️🥰