Chapter Eleven • Mad Woman

I was carried away on Massimo proposing for real. I thought he was just joking.

"Hey," I said trying to start a conversation. I hugged him from behind and roamed my hands around his chest since he was making a sandwich in the kitchen.

"Hi baby," He said as he smiled.

"I can't believe we're engaged but not knowing each other very well," I said and smiled.

"Okay, here we go. Sit down," he said as I sat down the high chair and he turned around to give me a sandwich as he sat down the high chair too.

He took a deep breath and stopped for a while to look at my eyes.

"Massimo," I said as he looked back down

"Okay. Laura is an old flame of mine. We were at our home near the West Coast of the Mediterranean Sea to do some business with people. I saw her, I had a vision of her. My father died by being shot right in front of my eyes. It was terrible to see your own father die. I started to ask Domenico and all my men to find her. But we got no luck. So I started hanging a picture of her in my room downstairs. I always see her in my dreams. Until I went to New York and start some business. When I came back to Sicily, I saw her. At the airport. I had her kidnapped. Her boyfriend was cheating on her with another woman. I had my men film it and show it to her. At first, she starts to refuse. She didn't like being around me. Until I gave her.. 365 days to fall in love with me. And she did. She did. She actually did. And right when she did, we got engaged. I talked to her friend, Olga. She said that Laura was pregnant with my children at that time when they went out to fit some gowns for the wedding. But after that.. she... after... sh-, after, she didn't come back. I was talking to her on the phone at the time. She was telling me that we need to talk and then the line goes off and-" Massimo started crying as he told me the whole story.

"Shhh, Massimo. Come here," I said as I comfort him and he lays his head on my chest and I calm him down.

Deep down it hurts. Why? Because I wasn't the first person he asked if he can marry.

"But don't worry," he looked up and said as he is still sad in my chest.

"You are the first girl I knelt on the ground for," Massimo said to me.

Then how did you ask her to marry you, you cute little dumb-dumb?

"I only asked her. In bed, and that's it. I put the ring on her finger when she's asleep so she doesn't say "no", it was like a you-have-no-choice situation. But she said yes."

"It was a tragedy, what happened to Laura. Do you think she will come back?"

"I'm sure if she's alive, she's coming back."

"What if she was kidnapped?"

"She was. I don't know by who."

"You do not manage to find her the same way you found me?"

"I did. I am still finding her up until now. I'm so sorry, I just- I'm lost, okay? I lost my dad, I found Laura and I lost her too, I don't know. I lost myself now. I can't lose you."

"Massimo,"

"I don't want to let you go,"

"Massimo, listen,"

"Bellissa if you'd just tell me to go fix myself, no. I can't. I need you, I swear. I need yo-,"

"Massimo,"

"What?!"

"Massimo, I know you will say no, don't, but I know I shouldn't have said "yes","

"What?"

"Massimo, I'm not marrying someone who hasn't moved on from his past, you think you don't need to fix yourself but you do. You need to because that's what makes you whole. If you'd push yourself to need me, when in fact you don't, you'll realize that you are chasing someone while missing out on the moment. You are in need of being complete before you commit to something more for a lifetime. You can't just marry someone who you think you want. You need to think it through."

"Bellissa, I'm sorry. But please, stay with me,"

"Massimo, I just need to think a little bit!"

"Don't leave me,"

"If I don't, you'll never be able to grow. You'll always depend on me. You'll always find comfort and me. Think about it, Massimo. If you will want to see me every time you think you need me, what happens when I'm gone? You'll be left alone while you're still not sure if you're ready for marrying me?"

"That's what I want. I want it with you, and I'm sure of it,"

"Let's have a deal."

"What about?"

"I'll give you 365 days to fall in love with me,"

"Really, Bellissa?"

"Yes, this is how it's going to work. While fixing yourself,"

"Okay, you are a genius."

"You stop crying and let's go, Domenico said we have a dance floor to dance to, - and also, I don't want you to remove Laura's big portrait downstairs. Well, I don't want to see it but I just want you to remove it when it's the right time. When you finally moved on,"

He just smiled and I prepared for the rest of the day.

I chose the white gown with half long-sleeved and half not and put it together. I'm not a bad wife after all.

—————————

—————————

We walked in and all I can see were a lot of cameras flashing on my face. I was walking hand in hand with Massimo.

There goes the dance floor, all flashy and filled with people dancing to the beat of sweet music.

"May I have this dance, Bellissa?"

Without any hesitation, Massimo and I danced and we were so romantic at the time. It was like the best day so far of me having Massimo around.

I missed this guy.

He was so cool and awesome and fresh, and polite and smooth and most of all, smells so fucking good. Like I'd give up my virginity on him.

The music stopped. The people were clapping. I was happy for a few moments until one lady in black stood in front of us and stared at Massimo. I looked at her throughout the whole time she was there, she wasn't familiar at all.

"Massimo," she said as Massimo turned his eyes to her from me.

"Laura?" Massimo said.

I stared at her for a few minutes and I just wanted to run away.

I was a mad woman.

—————————

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER,,, ALL THE SCENES WILL GO INSANE FROM HERE I'M SORRY THERE ARE NO SEX SCENES YET BECAUSE I WAS PLANNING STILL BUT OKAY LET'S GO WITH THIS!!

WE'RE ARE ON 2k VIEWS, HOW ABOUT THAT?! KEEP READING, SHARING, VOTING, AND COMMENTING GUYS! THIS IS A BLESSING! SUPER THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!!

see you in the next chapter!

Love,
Leila