Chapter Nineteen • It's Nice To Have A Friend

I was confused, I didn't know what to say, I was pressured by his presence and I cannot do anything about it.

"Massimo, what are you doing here?" I asked as I walked to my table and sat on my reclining chair.

"I'm here because I personally need to say sorry to you in person." He walked near me as I looked to my left to avoid eye contact with him.

"No, you're not sorry. Stay there. Don't come near me." I said as I rested my head on my chair.

"I am, Bellissa, I'm sorry. Look, I never wanted a second chance with anyone except you, I didn't know how to do this but all I wanted was to get you back." He said as I finally look him in the eye and I can sense and see the sincerity of the words escaping his mouth.

"Don't call me Bellissa here. Anywhere around New York. Please. and, you never wanted a second chance, did I hear it right? Because for all I know you just gave a second chance for Laura, why did you waste it?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"What should I call you here? and no, It's not a second chance." he said as he put his arms on my table, leaning in.

"Priscilla. You're on my office so I assume it would be nice if you act professionally." I said as he stood tall with his arms crossed in his chest.

"Alright, sorry. Anyway, Priscilla is a good name. Still a beaut. I feel like nothing even changed. You're still pretty." He said as he smiled at me as if he's going to get me with his charms.

"Why are you really here, Massimo? Do you have good intention this time?" I raised my eyebrows at him, wishing he would provide me a nice answer.

"I am here because I want to say that—" he said as he licked his lips while thinking about the words he would say and being careful with it so he would say the right ones.

"What?" I cut him off, still with my eyebrows raised.

"I already cut all ties with Laura." he said as he looked down and looked back at me.

"What does that mean?" did he really cut ties with Laura, though?

"That we won't see each other ever again." He said as he looked right into my eyes.

"Really? How could you say that? why are you so sure?" I stood up with my arms crossed in front of me and my eyebrows raised, raising that bitch attitude towards Don Massimo.

"What if destiny intervenes and then when we start talking again then she'll come waltzing back to your life again, huh?" I added as I walked around him in my office. I can feel that he was looking at me head to toe as I walk with posture and dignity.

"She wouldn't. Once Laura reappears, it's over for you. You come running back to her. You'll always come running back to her" he puts his hands on his lips and let it rest there.

"How can you say so?" I turned my back to him as I admire the flower that sits in the corner of my office.

"Because she's in love with someone else already." He said as he turns to me and put his hands in his pocket.

"And that someone else is not you, I suppose. If Laura didn't have her new lover then she comes back to you, you'll come running back to her, right?" I asked as I looked at him with confidence.

"No.. It's not like that and to be honest, Laura being gone is a good riddance." He said, trying to persuade me into believing him.

"Good riddance for what?" I asked as my eyebrows come together and looked straight at him.

"For you and me. Us." He said.

"There was never an "us", Massimo. It's just you and your confused self trying to choose between me or Laura." I said as I walked back to my table.

"I won't choose her when she herself has found herself a new lover." He said in an angry tone.

"But if she didn't then you'll choose her over me. and -- Lover? It's not like that's your type of word." I said, teasing him as I sat down in my chair once again.

"It's not, really." He said with his head down.

"Then why be so serious about it?" I asked with my arms crossed.

"Because I was once yours." he looked at me with his teary eyes, and I try not to look at it because I know I'll fall back to him again.

"I wasn't informed," I said as I looked at the skyline in my windows.

"Priscilla, please."

"What?"

"Give me another chance—" He said while looking down.

"How many times, Massimo? How many times did and should I give you a goddamn chance?!" I already got mad and just lost it. My temper.

"I know. I knew you would say that." He finally said being a man and looked at me right in the eyes.

"Massimo, I'm serious!" I said to him as he looked at me and paused.

"Alright. Let me explain." He stood up.

"I'm all ears." I said as I just looked at him, wondering what the reason would be.

Do I really wanna know this?

"Okay. First of all, Laura and I just talked. We just talked about how she fell in love with another man. But I— hold something that left her confused between choosing me or this new guy that kidnapped her. In short, we were feeling the same way, whether to choose the old flame or the newly sparked flame. Henry was his name, he was on the other yacht at that time, he was with Laura. I just remember the time when we were on a yacht and then that's what I'm thinking about when you left. I'm sorry for that." He explained and to be honest, there was nothing I didn't already know.

"Alright," I said as I opened my phone and checked Kath's message.

I can't wait! I'll see you in a few! The notification said.

I just smiled as Massimo waited for my response.

"You know I thought— it's nice to have a friend," I said as I looked straight at him.

"Can I be that friend? I promise I'll be nice." He said as he smiled.

"I'll think about it, don't worry." I smiled back.

Why do I have to be this vulnerable? I hate myself for being so.

"I'm gonna have to meet you again sometime," I said as I smiled at him.

"Alright, I'm looking forward to it." He said as he let out his hands, ordering me to shake it. So I shook it.

"Nice business, Madame Priscilla." He said as he walked away from my office.

I didn't know to react to what just had happened. I didn't expect that and I didn't expect to break my peak at such a fast pace.