4.

Alvares.

Yesterday was a good day, although I was forced to endure endless chatter and people, I was glad somehow that feisty little thing forced me to go.

I may not admit to anyone but he makes me feel different, he doesn't expect something of me except being myself and I appreciate it.

Having grown up like me, you tend to know when people expect you to do something for their benefit, how they will most likely betray you in the end for their own selfish goal.

Henceforth I don't like letting people in because they are selfish and they take without giving back, the few ones I've let in have shown me the difference though.

Aries is part of that different patch of people, he has his own past like myself, and yet he's managed to find a way to cope and be happy. He's strong and I admire that.

"Good Morning Alpha, today you have a meeting with the Ashwood Alpha, Kam Silven." Being Alpha and it's priorities, I have a handle on everything but as we grow as a pack Alliances are to be made.

"What else do I have to do today besides whip your asses into shape?" Axel chortles as I rest my arm on the chair I was sitting on, I'm my office at the packhouse.

"Territory patrol, and the extension on land finalization with the town office, I wonder why since half this town or more is wolves, humans, and formalities." He huffs.

"Axel we're wolves trying to blend in, so yes they need to think that as well because that what we want them to think, we can't risk exposure." He nods.

"So tell me about you and Aries what's going on, you're hanging out more often." Though he said it loosely I could see he was serious.

"Nothing is going on, he dragged me to the festival yesterday, that's all it was." His scoff made me look up. "The way you look at each other, says a whole other lot of different." I didn't know what to make of that, did I stare too much at him perhaps.

"Heathen, you can't keep your heart closed from love forever, you need to open up and Aries might just be the thing you need." But what if he has a mate, and I've fallen in love with him.

"He's a wolf and obviously has a mate either on their way or already there for him." My reply was reasonable. "You thinking about that means you like him, come on don't deny it."

"Axel I like him, yes, but I won't set myself on fire by falling in love and getting heartbroken, I'd rather be lonely."

"With your right hand as your best friend." I knew he would go there. "Contrary to your belief, I'm the smaller percent different who is not well acquainted with my right hand."

"Yeah right, they are here let's go." I get up from my seat and walk with Axel toward the front door of the packhouse to meet the alpha who wanted an alliance with my pack.

The cars parked and a man a bit taller than the rest walks up to us, I assumed the one trailing behind him was the beta, he seemed scared for some reason.

"Alpha Heathen, it's such a pleasure to meet you." We shake hands."Pleasure is all mine, join me in my office." My social skills were an incredible low but somehow I was trying.

"We have heard so much of your pack and the rumor is true, you're a strong pack." I trained each and every one of the wolves myself so therefore they would be strong.

"Thank you, take a seat so we may proceed." Axel offers and we are all seated, the beta seemed less intimidated, though, on guard, I shouldn't be surprised.

"You're the first pack to want an alliance with us, we are a bunch of rogues banding together so why want an alliance?" I asked because I needed to know.

"We don't discriminate, despite your background and I haven't seen or scented out a rogue anywhere near here, all I see are wolves just trying to survive like the rest, I want an alliance between our pack in a way, a case where you would need help we would come and vice versa."

"But why not go to the Hollow Creek, they have a new alpha and indeed a strong pack." Axel asks the alpha.

"The Hollow Creek may be strong but you're almost as strong as they are, they're a plane ride away and you're a cars drive in a day near to the AshWood, we would rather have you close." He was right, the Hollow Creek was strong but they were a plane away.

"That is a valid point, but if I may ask what is it that you heard about my pack?" He seemed to become nervous but in a second it was gone.

"The Crescent fall was founded to house rogues as per the Cold Lake, they fear your numbers and increase in strength, therefore to dissuade any from joining your pack they speak ill of you, this was after we had refused to align ourselves with their Alpha." I was fuming as he finished his sentence.

How dare Daxom say something about my pack without knowing us, he had no right to say whatever it was because my pack keeps to itself, we don't call for help when hunters come and we have no problem with rogues, as long as they submit and change, this pack is a home for them.

It seems my brother cannot be helped in anything he does.

"Thank you, Alpha Kam." I know Axel could see the fury in my eyes. We signed the initial documents of the alliance and discussed more of our territory extension.

"Alpha Heathen if I may say, you're no older than I am but you've led these wolves like a true alpha and I commend you for that, I shall stay in touch." I nod to Alpha Kam and his beta as they make their way to their cars.

"How I wish I could kill your brother." Axel spoke up as we got back to my office."You're not the only right now." I was angry at Daxom but I wasn't going to act up on it.

I was an alpha who prioritized my pack first and meaningless banter with a bull-headed alpha won't help my pack in any way despite that alpha being my brother whom I hate.

It can be said that I'm more or less inclined to stay in this cold war between the Cold Lake and us because I have no intention of actually attacking them, they are digging a grave for themselves anyhow.

"Axel go to the town office and make sure everything is in order, I'm going to train the teens and patrol." He nods and makes his way out.

I follow suit walking outside to the pack training grounds. "Afternoon Alpha Heathen." I only nod.

"Wolf Human combat, partner up, I don't want to hear bones breaking and I don't want to see you take more than a minute to shift." These teens attended the local high school, obedience to anyone older than then was mandatory.

We weren't savages maybe in battle.

I watched as they start fighting, this was necessary to know, you cannot depend on your wolf alone to fight, a hunter is human therefore will kill you if you're in wolf form.

I stood above a boy who took more time to shift, he was small for a wolf, though they may not bully him I keep my eye on him from a distance.

Children are nurtured the same, just because he's small and I coddle him won't make him strong, he will be weak, and that is not acceptable.

After training, I patrol the pack with the wolves. It was to secure the pack and always be alert of threats of any kind.

The pack was thriving and I was okay with that, I just wonder if I will thrive and find my own happiness.

+++

LMJ