Chapter Three

Every Friday i'll upload if I can.

---------------

 Chapter Three - Ashley's POV

Roughly three days have passed since I left my pack and I was by that lake once more I found the first day here. I made sure to look around for any sings of people or werewolves nearby. I sniffed the air and can only smell a dull lingering smell of at least a werewolf that passed by here not long ago. Hopefully they don't come back while I'm around. I may not have shifted but I still have my senses heightened which can be a good use.

I stripped my clothes of and sat them to the side near the rock before quickly stepping into the lake. It was freezing but it's what I have to do to clean myself up. I stayed in the lake no more than five minutes before stepping out and shaking myself off. I waited a bit letting the wind blow me dry a little before putting my clothes back on even if I'm still wet.

I sat down next to my bag and began eating my sandwiches I bought once again from a different shop this time. I have only come across two werewolves and that was when I bumped into them. They both probably thought I was human which is okay at least.

"What's a girl like you doing out here by yourself?" I jumped shuffling against the rock as a man stepped out from behind the trees. He smells of werewolf and seems like the one that was here earlier by his scent.

I never spoke as I bowed my head to him quickly putting my unfinished eating sandwich in my bag and standing up. I put my bag on my shoulders "Are you homeless?" He broke the silence that had fallen upon us. I nodded my head at him. "How old are you?" He stepped closer giving me a quick sniff which he tried to hide.

I once again didn't answer because even if I wanted to I couldn't as I haven't spoken in years and I seemed to have forgot how to talk. I sniffed the air as I turned my head to see another man stepping out from the woods.

"Girly you're on our property" This man doesn't seem very friendly at all like the first man.

"Hold on Ricky the poor girl is homeless" The first man told Ricky as I watched him carefully eye me.

"Even still she's on our property. Leave now" Ricky snarled at me in a way that doesn't show he's a werewolf.

I quickly nodded and turned the direction to leave when I heard a female voice ring out "Ricky my father needs you back home" I glanced to see a girl with chestnut brown hair stepped out from behind a tree. I have a feeling I just intruded on their pack territory.

Ricky groaned as he set off the way she came from "Matt continue on" She ordered him and he nodded leaving me and her behind. "Sorry about them. You see my family own this lake if you haven't figured out by now" She mumbled a little awkwardly to me. She seems very friendly.

I stepped closer to her and she noticed then I watched as her eyes scanned over me at the state, I am in. "Well do you want me to walk you out?" She asked me breaking yet again another silence.

I nodded as she walked over to me as stepped ahead as I limped after her. My knee has gotten worse but I've been ignoring the pain for the most part "Your hurt?" She noticed as I nodded "You don't talk, do you?" I nodded again.

We both walked the rest of the way in silence without a single word spoken between us. We got to the edge of the woods looking out to the street "Well here you go. I'm sorry to say but you can't really come back here unless giving permission" She told me and I just nodded understanding. "I'm off" She turned but I quickly grabbed her wrist stopping her. She looked back to me with raised eyebrows.

How can I explain to her that I'm a werewolf? That's it I have a werewolf pin on my back. I let her go and quickly took off my bag then found the pin and showed her it "A werewolf pin?" She gave me a confused look. I sighed I pointed to it and then at me and her. She didn't get it at first then suddenly I saw her expression shift.

"Wait your saying you're a werewolf?" She asked me and I nodded at her "But you don't smell like one. How is that?" She was confused again as I just shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm taking this you're a rouge then?" I sadly nodded at her question. I watched her eyes cloud over a little which I know that as her talking with her pack through mind link. She then looked back at me "Why don't you come back with me and my pack doctor can look at you then we will see what to happen to you after that"

I followed her back where we came. It was a struggle getting there because the trees where closer together than by the lake. We finally came upon a house which I assume is their pack house. A lot of her pack who were outside looked our way. I caught sight of a circle and two wolves inside fighting each other. The grey-haired wolf seemed to be losing to the dark brown-haired wolf.

We went around back towards another building where she opened the door and allowed me to enter. Injured people littered the floors about as we went down the corridor towards the end room which had a sign on it reading Dr.Pettman. She knocked and waited soon a man opened the door "Sam is this the girl you told me about through the link?" He looked to me with a warm kind smile.

"Yip take care of her I need to sort something out and I'll be back soon" She left me with him as he gestured for me to enter.

He first started to ask question but I couldn't answer most of them. I just nodded or shook my head at the yes and no questions. Then he processed to have a look at my injuries and at seeing my knee he grimaced at it before he started to slowly feel at it. I groaned in pain each time he moved it the wrong way.

"I'll get this cleaned up and bandaged. I am curious now to why your wolf hasn't healed you yet which leads me to ask have you shifted before?" He lifted his eyes up to me as he straightened himself up. I shook my head "You haven't shifted?" I nodded.

He cleaned me up and bandaged my knee. He did a couple of more tests on me one being to determine if I'm really a werewolf and it came back positive. "I would like for you to stay here over night to allow you to heal up a bit because some of your injuries looked pretty bad and you haven't let them rest to heal" He told me and I just nodded.

A knock sounded at the door "Come in" He called and in entered Sam followed by that girl I bumped into yesterday. Dr.Pettman spoke to both of them telling them of my condition and the full time the blonde girl I think she told me her name is Chelsea kept her eyes on me.

"Thanks, you can go for now" Sam finished with speaking to him and he left leaving them both alone with me "We are just going to allow you to get changed into different clothes for now" Sam pointed to the clothes Chelsea was holding.

I just nodded my head as Sam did most the work on helping me change while Chelsea just stood to the side quietly watching me which is very creeping me out right now. I think Sam noticed because she was looking back and forth between us "Um Chelsea your kind of creeping her out" Sam nudged her and she shook her head turning to face her.

"Oh, sorry just I really thought she was human" Chelsea mumbled out with a hint of confusion still evident in her voice probably still can't realise I am not human. "Sam can we talk privately please?" Chelsea grabbed her arm and pulled her outside leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Thinking about all this I will wait till I'm healed up enough to walk without pain then I will leave this pack to travel on my own once again because knowing my own father even if he hates me he will get people to hunt me down even if it means storming packs to find me.

He doesn't care who he hurts just to get to me which means staying here isn't all that good but I hope I'll be okay for at least a couple of days. I can only hope for once. 

---------------------------

What's your favourite food?