Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen – Sam's POV

Many thoughts were rushing through my mind, why is my father fighting Alpha Louis? Why is he not helping us? What is his way of thinking? I have many more but now isn't really the time to be going through every thought in my head.

"Sam, Sam!" I shook my head to Cali as she was trying her all to get my attention "What are you doing? We need to get going we are standing in the middle of the battle field right now" She tried to pull me away but I shook her off and rushed over without thought towards where my father and Alpha Louis are fighting.

They aren't wolves yet but I can tell they are both about to come out very soon. I jumped and landed onto of my father causing him to crumble to the ground growling at me. I growled back and he stopped. I could feel the anger radiating off him slowly disappearing.

"Sam?" He questioned as I was the one now angry in this situation.

"What are you doing? Why are you fighting him when you are meant to be fighting Alpha Kinsley!" I screamed at him and he slowly stood up with a frown on his face.

"I'll let you deal with your father" Alpha Louis muttered out as he turned walking off in a right mess.

"I cannot believe you would turn your back on us like that. You're my father and this is what you do in a time that we need you the most? What would mother think of this?" I raged at him as he sighed.

As he opened his mouth, he immediately shut it straight after and shook his head "You wouldn't understand" He mumbled before starting to walk away from me.

"What would I not understand father?" I should after him as he stopped and glanced at me before he picked up pace and ran off into the woods.

I decided to run after him "Sam stop!" I heard Cali but I ignored her and kept going.

I caught sight of him and ran as I watched him dodge in and out of trees as I followed his exact path. Soon he broke from the trees and out into a clearing which I soon followed and I watched I'm stop and turn and I slowly came to a stop right in front of him.

"Answer me this, why?" I asked him as he huffed looking down on me.

"Alpha Kinsley many moons ago proposed a deal with us when Alpha Charle was the alpha. He wasn't present so I took him up and spoke to my best friend about the deal. He immediately said no and never listened to a word I spoke so I turned to Kinsley" He spoke as I can tell this is going to be a long story.

"I want straight to the point father not some sappy story!" I shouted at him as he growled at me and I growled back at him not wanting to deal with his bullshit.

"Fine, the only reason I helped Alpha Kinsley is for you" He spoke and that caught me off guard "I wanted you to be the alpha of the Thistle Moon pack but since we still had Chelsea present Kinsley said he would help make that happen by finding a way to get rid of Chelsea without making it seem like it was big and since Ashley came into the scene we set up a plan to get rid of her which will get rid of Chelsea and make you the new Alpha" He explained in a get straight to the point way that I wanted.

"Have you ever thought of what I want father? I'm not alpha material, I'm just a beta and proud to be one. Chelsea is my best friend and without her I don't know what I would have done. You should have known better than to do this for me when I don't even want it" I mumbled out to him as he frowned at me as I shook my head at him.

"I cannot believe you. You would go to such great length to even make a deal with the devil literally just so I could be the alpha? Did mum have any part in this?" I questioned as he shook his head at me "Great, if she did, she would have tried stopping you right?" He nodded his head at me this time.