Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten – Chelsea's POV

Already I could feel the amount of power going through me as today is my birthday and I will be taking my rightful place as Alpha. As Ashley got her wolf, she has almost healed up but at times she still struggles to walk and talk though she has finally gotten comfortable with getting close to me.

People were rushing around getting the ceremony prepared while I was stuck within my room having people dress me and do my hair and make-up while my mate was with Sam getting ready also.

A deep nervous feeling settled over me because I was scared of what people may think about Ashley. Word has gotten around that she is my mate and I have heard a lot of horrible things directed towards her and most of them are wanting me to reject her which I have no idea why they hate her so much? What has she done to cause this pack to hate her?

"Chelsea you are required to be outside in five minutes. Everyone is already out waiting" A man one of the guards spoke as I nodded to him letting him leave my room.

I took a deep breath one last time before leaving my room and making my way downstairs. I was wearing a lovely blue dress that reached below my knees and has little grumbles at the edges. It was a sleeveless dress that maybe reveals a little too much of my chest area but I have that covered with my mother's neckless she wore all the time.

As I stepped outside, I had every pack member looking at me with awe, some even whistled and I knew it was the boys who don't have mates. Some of the girls glared at me probably jealous that I am attracting their mate's attention which I don't mean to.

I looked around to try to find my mate to find her hovering behind Sam near the side of the small stage that is set up. I climbed the stage steps up towards the Alpha and turned to face the pack "Attention everyone!" The alpha shouted as the crowd grew silent "Today marks Chelsea's eighteenth birthday where I will step down as temp Alpha and hand over the title to the rightful heir" His voice boomed through the crowd as people grew nervous.

He turned towards me as his wife handed him the Alpha's knife. Well it's a normal knife but we call it the Alpha's knife because it was my fathers and his fathers before that. "Chelsea Rickman do you plague your life in protecting this pack and becoming the Alpha they sole deserve and bring this pack the guidance they need?" Sam's father spoke out to me.

"I do" I spoke as he cut his palm and handed me the knife where I cut my own with a slight hiss before we shook hands as the Alpha power flowed from him into me.

The full pack link was buzzing with more energy than before "Please welcome your new Alpha!" He announced as everyone around cheered as I grabbed a napkin and cleaned my hand up.

I couldn't help but smile because my parents would be very proud of me taking over if they were still here with me "Hello everyone. Before we end this and go straight to the party, I just want to address something to you all" I started off and everyone grew quiet already knowing that I will be speaking about my mate.

"A couple of weeks back I found my mate and I know most or maybe everyone knows who she is. I just like to start by saying that I am not blind to all your hate comments towards her and my answer is no I will not be rejecting her and if any of you have a problem with that then I won't be afraid to let you walk out of this pack!" Some people started to speak out in hatred at my last part but I do not care.

"Silence!" I commanded and everyone went quiet. I turned to my mate where Sam nudged her to the stage "Come on don't be shy" I cooed her up as she slowly came up the steps and onto the stage standing next to me.

"Do you Ashley Stewart accept my invitation to join the Thistle moon pack and promise to not harm any pack member and protect this pack like it is your family?" I saw her flinch when I said family. I should have reworded that for her.