Chapter 5- It wasn't that bad

I ended up letting my hair down, instead of fixing it every five minutes.
"See today wasn't so bad, was it?" He asked, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"It wasn't thatt- bad." I roll my eyes, but deep down I'm freaking out. The way he was looking at me, made it impossible for me to breathe properly. I was choked. I grab the helmet from his hand, and got on after him.

At this point, I'm terrified and I don't know why. Why am I terrified? I've never been terrified. Maybe it's because I've never missed a school day in my life? In fact, I've never missed anything since I can remember. Also, how in the world am I happy without Nicolas here? Should I really be feeling any sort of way without him? It feels wrong, yet so right at the same time. But I won't admit it, not to James; or anyone.

Eventually, I just give up on thinking, and rest my head on James shoulder.

"You have a bony chin" he laughed.

"I have a bony butt too" I giggled hard. Did I really just say that? He didn't need to know that, gosh how attractive of me.

"What?? Did Christi-"

"Christina Jacobson say butt?" I finished for him.

"You know, you're not as bad when you're not at school, or home, or with Nicolas, or those girls you call friends. In fact, your appearance doesn't match you at all!." He states.

"Excuse me? That's like my whole life, thank you! What's that even mean, anyway? What's bad about it?" I ask offensively.

"Ohhhhh nothin."

"No. Tell me. You're the one that brought it up."

"You're not stuck up; like you pretend to be, that's all. You're more fun and loose, I like it. Plus, I love messing with you " He grinned and sped up, now that we were on the interstate.

"Whatever, Jerk."

"Whatever, Beeeeautiful" He teased.

His hair's long, compared to how he usually cuts it. He now has curls poking up on the side, due to how thick his hair is.

Before I got serious with Nicolas, we use to be friends, James and I. I was eight, and I never had the nerve to pursue him. After all, I was a child and so was he. My parents planned for Nicolas and I to marry from the day we were born, so it wouldn't of worked either.

James still had his little boy voice back then. He would roll his jacket sleeves up, but insist he still needed to wear one. Next thing I know, he has facial hair, and a deep, attractive voice. We grew apart shortly after I turned nine though, I had Nicolas, and his parents were in the middle of divorcing. We didn't hang out anymore, and we drifted apart; just like a lot of friendships do. He had his own people, and I had Nicolas; and it's been that way ever since.

"So what are you going to tell your parents?" He asked.

"Umm." Crap! I didn't think of that.

"You do know that they don't disappear, right?"

"Yeah, I forgot about them." I reply, running my hand through my hair and twirling the bottom.

"O-m-g, I managed to make you forget about your parents and now your twirling your hair!?" He announces.

"I guess you did. And I didn't realize that I-"

"I haven't seen you twirl your hair since just before fifth grade." He grins big.

"Really?" I'm sadden by the thought, to be honest. I hadn't noticed it myself, but he was right.

15 minutes later...
"Mission is almost accomplished." He tells me.

"What's left?"

"Can't tell, I don't know how you'll act." He joked.

"What?"

"Trust me." He chuckles.

"Are you serious?" I ask.

"Umm, what?" He chuckled.

"Uhh never mind, I don't know." I reply with a fake half laugh.

"You're not gonna trust me, are you?"

"Nope." I smirk.

"Not in your plans, huh?" He raises an eyebrow.

"No...not really.." I reply as we pull into my driveway. Believe it or not, I don't wanna be in my driveway right now. At the beginning of this day, I thought I'd have a million heart-attacks and now it seems that I don't want it to end.

"You had a good time though, right?" He asked.

I only smirked in reply in closed my front door behind me.
__________________________________
Please make sure to comment your thoughts and vote please! Thank you ♥️