Chapter 9

His heads starts throbbing as he leans back on the chair closing his laptop. He closed his eyes and starts pressing his forehead to relieve the pain but it looked like the pain won't go away.

Neil sighs and opening his eyes picks up the phone saw the time. It was 11 o'clock. He was alone in the office trying to complete his pending work. He kept the phone down and thought to get home and take some rest.

He quickly wrapped his work and getting up from the chair, he held the blazer in one hand and taking his stuff in another hand he walks out of the cabin after switching the lights off and closing the door of his cabin.

He walks in the car park and opening the car door he got inside. He placed his stuff on the passenger seat then fastens the seatbelt before he drove to khanna mansion.

He unlocking the door he gets out of the car and taking his belongs he headed towards the entrance.

He pushing the door enters inside and turns the light on. He the turns around locking the door behind him.

He climbs the stairs was about to head to his room but stops he got near the guest room where Avni was staying.

He didn't know why he stopped there but something erupts in his heart and wanting to check on her.

He sighs and thought upon checking on her before going to his room. He gently pushed the door and enters. He got shocked as he then turns the light on.

Her body shaken up, sweats forming all over her body.

Neil throwing his stuff on the floor rushed to bed and jumping on the side he starts caressing her hair and starts whispering sweets words to her.

He looked stunned seeing her this state. His heart broke seeing her like that. He didn't knew why but it remained him of his own past. Seeing her this state brought tears in his eyes.

Neil : it's okay! It's okay. I am here with you.

He was really concerned about her. He heard few mumbles as she starts opening her eyes in jerk and she sat on bed pushing his hand away and panting loudly.

Fresh tears brimmed in her eyes and let them roll down her cheeks. Her breath heavens as she tries to calm herself from the nightmare and panic attack she got a while ago.

She didn't acknowledged his presence she was too busy fighting with her own battles. As she felt a hand on her shoulder, she quickly flinched away and turns her head around staring at him who looks very terrified seeing her like that.

Neil : I am not going to hurt you. Are you okay?

She looks at him confusingly. Why wouldn't she confused. No one ever asked her if she was okay? All she heard her about herself was worthless, unwanted, burden and what many not.

Neil didn't knew what to do so he slides his arm around her shoulder and pulls her in side her.

She was in her own world to understand anything. Feeling such warm warmth she hid herself into his chest and wraps her arms around his waist hesitatingly.

Neil gently pats her head and waits till she feels better.

Neil : I don't know if I should be asking you or not, but I also feel need to ask this. Are you okay?

Avni didn't response but tightened her grip around his body.

Neil sighs and thought of something.

Neil : I have better idea. Do you feel sleepy?

He looks down and saw her shaking her head. A small smile appears on his face.

Neil : do you want to go out? It will make you feel better. I can grab coffee for us then we can sit in garden.