Chapter 21

Paying the cab driver she comes out of the cab and looks the place where she was standing. She didn't understand why would he be here, nevertheless shaking her head she starts walking.

She stood at the entrance and rang the door bell. She  gasped seeing when  unfamiliar face opens the door.

Person : who are you? How can I help you?

Avni : I believe you don't know me nor do I know you.

Person : right! How can I help you?

Avni : is Neil here? I am looking for him.

Person : Neil sir! Who are you? Why are you asking him?

Avni : I need to see him. Do know where he is?

Person : who are you? I can't let you meet him like that.

Avni was about respond back but stops hearing a voice behind the person. The person turns around and saw Neil.

Avni took a minute and had looked at his feature and his posture. His hair were messy, his eyes were red and under his eyes there dark circles. His top two buttons were open revealing his bare chest, his shirt untucked from his jeans.

Avni diverted her gaze and looked at him as she heard him approaching towards her.

Neil : you may leave!

He spoke looking at Avni. The person understanding her curt to leave. She left from there.

Neil glanced Avni and gestures her to come inside.

Neil : it's okay! She is my cousin. She is bit possessive about you.

Avni: I don't think she liked me.

Neil : her opinion doesn't matter Avni! No one comes between us. Do you get that? I will introduce you both later. First come and talk.

Avni nodded her head and follows him to backyard.

They both sat down and Neil clears his throat making her look at him.

Neil: do you want ask something?

Avni : yeah. I know I don't have any right to ask you anything about your personal life but my heart can't stop. I can't stop being worried about you. Why didn't you come to office? You even took few days off. Why is that? Are you going somewhere?

Neil : you have the right to ask me Avni. I do have personal reasons not to attending the office. My life has been mess and hard after my parents deaths.

Her eyes widen hearing his word. She couldn't believe it he was so blunt and straight forward talking about his parents death.

Avni : your parents.. death.

Neil : yes my parents passed when I was three years old a child. I don't even remember much about my parents. Bebe was my second mother who took me in and took care of him. My parents didn't much effect me as I was a child that time but soon as I grew up it hits me differently. I realised how different and hard life can be without parents. I miss my parents. They lived in my heart but that isn't enough. I can't forget them. I regret recalling how they died. It kills me a lot. I am reason of their death. They died because of me.

Avni was too stunned hearing him. She didn't knew what to do. How can she console him. She wanted to comfort him. She got up from her seat and sat next to him.

She held his hand in hers and rubs his hands softlyz

Avni: why are you blaming yourself? How can you be their death reason?

Neil : should I laugh or cry. We haven't known other much yet you trust me. Why Avni? My whole life is mess and complicated. I can't even explain what I feel about my life.