Chapter 19

Neil shifted on bed and his eyes flicks opens. He blurring looks at something feeling heavy on his chest.

He rubs his eyes with his fingers and opens eyes again to get shocked seeing Avni snugging into his chest. He frowned and was confused wondering how did she landed in his room when he clearly remembers after dinner she went to sleep in her room.

He wasn't able to understand how she landed in his room that too on his bed hugging him but nevertheless he shook his head and leaning down he heard few whispers.

" don't leave me Neil"

" no don't hurt me"

" help me! Leave me alone"

" Neil, be with me"

Neil's heart broke seeing her so helpless, even in sleep she couldn't be peace. His mind wasn't working when he hugged her back pulling her in tight hug. His hand caressing her back.

Neil : I have got you! No one will harm you! I promise you! I am with you!

He whispered in soft voice and pulls duvet over them. He knew he was wrong hugging her without her permission but also his heart didn't allow him to leave her like that in this state.

Unknowingly he slept hugging her close to his chest like his entire life depending on protecting her from the world.

Next morning, the sun raised fell on their faces. She again snuggled into his chest hiding herself from the sun. She felt so comfortable and protective in his arms. She can never deny that.

Her eyes flicks opens and a content smile appears on her face as she untangles herself from his chest and glanced looking at his face.

Avni ( mind) I don't know what will help next. How ruthless you may be in others eyes but for me you're my hope. My hope that will win someday. I don't know if I am liking liking you or not but one thing I know my heart carves to be in your arms. My heart feels safe with you. I know you will not send me back in the hell.

She stares his face who was sleeping with frown on his face. She caressed his face removing the frown from his face. She smiled and quickly withdrew her back seeing his stirring in sleep.

She glanced at the clock and quickly jumped down the bed and rushed outside of the room.

As she left Neil opens his face and placed roamed his hand on his face smiling to himself.

Neil : I am still waiting for the day when you will admit that you have starts liking me.

He grins like a fool and getting down the bed went to fresh up.

He got dressed in his office attire and moves to dressing table, he wore his favourite brand watch and puts the cologne on his body.

He ruffles his and picking up his phone and bag headed downstairs.

He saw the maid setting up the table. He puts his bag on the couch and headed to dining table.

Neil : can you call Avni down?

He asked the maid who nodded her head and went upstairs but soon came back looking at Neil in worried.

Neil : what happened? Where is she?

Maid : sir... she didn't responding. I called her few times but she didn't respond or I heard any noises from inside.

Neil freaks out and getting up from the chair ran upstairs knocking Avni's room door.

Neil : Avni! Open the door.. Avni open the door.

He banged the door and looks at the maid who stood there worriedly.