Chapter 20

A yawn escapes from mouth, she covered her mouth and looks at Neil who was intensely watching the movie.

She poked his shoulder gaining his attention. He turns and looks at her with a frown on his face.

Neil : you okay?

Avni :I am feeling sleepy. I will go and sleep but...

Neil : but what!  Is there something stopping you to sleep?

Avni : I can't sleep without having an nightmares.

Neil taking the remote switched the tv off and looks at her.

Neil : It slipped out of my head. Make yourself comfortable in my room. I will be there. I will get you hot chocolate. You feel better after that.

Avni nodded her head and smiling to him and side hugging him ran up the stairs.

Its has been a week since that morning incident happened, in that week Neil discovered she got continuous nightmares making her startled whole night. Her nights sleepless till one day Neil thought staying with her.

He feels protective towards her. Neil told her to sleep in her room, though he explained what he meant before she freaks out. Luckily it had been working for both of them.

She hasn't been getting nightmares past few days when she is sleeping with Neil in his arms.

Neil went to kitchen and starts boiling milk, he then starts making hot chocolate.

Neil took the tray and starts walking up to his room.

He paused the door and enters inside to see Avni comfortably lying on his bed with duvet covering her till her chest.

Neil smiles and placing the tray on side table sat beside her.

Neil : Avni get up! Have hot chocolate.

Avni sat up leaning her head against headboard. Neil passed a cup and took his own.

Avni : thank you!

She thanked him and took a sip of the hot chocolate. Neil laughs his heart out seeing a moustache formed on Avni's mouth because of the hot chocolate.

Avni : why are you laughing?

Neil shook his head and moving closer with his thumb wipes it off making her body shivers at their closeness.

Neil moves back and keeping the cup aside turns back looking at Avni.

Neil : you sleep! I have some work to complete.

He got to leave but stopped as he felt her holding his wrist.

Avni : please stay with me! Don't leave me alone.

Neil : I won't leave you alone! Just little while you will find me beside you. I promise you.

She nodded her head and unwillingly let him go away from herself.

Avni laid back down and closing her eyes tried to sleep. Few minutes feeling his presence beside the bed she opens her eyes lightly and snuggling into his chest closed her eyes again.

Neil smiles and wraps his arms around her waist. He pecks hair and caressed it.

Neil turning the lights off and closed his eyes hugging Avni and allowing sleep over take him.

Next morning Avni opens her eyes and took few minutes to adore Neil's features. Untangling herself from his hold went back to her room.

Rushing back in her own room, she got freshen up and got dressed into formal attire. Once she was ready she headed downstairs and walks in kitchen to prepare breakfast for them as the maid was on leave few weeks.