Chapter Five

Gulf

I was getting ready to leave for the day when Mew stepped out of his office, shutting the door behind him. I was surprised, usually I would leave long before him. The fact that he was ready to go at this point was a shock, to say the least. I shake my head, and continue to gather my things, my glasses slid down my face, almost falling off. I drop what is in my hand to push them back up, dismayed as papers go flying everywhere.

Mew bends down and starts picking them up, his eyes scanned some of them, causing me to get flustered. I reach snatching the papers out of his hands.

"You moving?" Mew asks.

"Nope." I reply putting the papers in my satchel. Well I am moving, but he didn't need to know that, not that he knew where I lived to begin with. "Whatever would make you think that?"

"These are apartment listings." Mew said shaking his head at my obvious lie.

"Really!?" I snap sarcastically. "I couldn't tell when I printed them out but thank you so much for telling me." I grab my satchel and move to go past him.

"How long are you going to be mad at me?" Mew asks, his voice slightly sad. I turn and look at him, stunned. Why did he sound so sad?

"I am not mad at you." I state honestly. I wasn't, I just didn't seem to have any patience when it came to Mew. If he got to close, my body remembered his touch, the way he said my name sent shivers down my spine. He was a walking, living reminder that I had slept with him, sending my gay panic into overdrive.

"You sure about that?" Mew asks a small hopeful smile on his face.

"I just don't know how to handle you." I reply honestly. "I am confused, and frustrated, therefore I am taking it out on you. For that I apologize."

"Confused? Frustrated?" Mew asked raising a brow. I shake my head sighing, of course he wouldn't understand.

"Never mind." I reply. "Seeing as you are off the next week, I wont be needed in the office, correct?"

"Oh, I didn't tell you?" Mew said a full smile on his face now.

"Didn't tell me what?" I reply, a bad feeling forming in my gut.

"You are coming with me."

There it was the bad feeling. Of course, he would drop the ball like that. Why did I have to go with him? Why is does the world hate me?

"I'm sorry what?" I reply glaring at him.

"Yeah, I guess I forgot to tell you." Mew said a smile still on his face. God, that smile should be considered a dangerous weapon. "I'm going to need you to come with me."

"Uh, where?" I ask. I know I am just giving in to that damn smile, hopefully he hasn't caught on to how much if affects me.

"This isn't a vacation; I am going to a work sight that needs looking into." Mew replied. "I need you with me to keep track of meeting times and such."

"Fine, what time should I be here?" I ask as I walk towards the elevator, aware of how close he was to me as we enter the elevator.

"I will pick you up." Mew said as he pressed the button to go to the parking garage.

"Uh no?"

"It will be faster than coming here then leaving." Mew replied with a sigh.

"Again, no." I reply. He is not coming to my home. Not gonna happen, no way, not in this lifetime.

The next morning

I glare as I shut the door to my crappy apartment. My glare was focused on the one standing against his black Mercedes. He was wearing a white button up, the first three buttons undone, and black slacks that seemed to hug him perfectly. He was fucking sexy, and he knew it. He had shades on, covering his mysterious eyes, though at this moment I wished they covered that stupid shit-eating grin.