Chapter Twelve

Gulf

I was huddled in a random bathroom I had found, my breathing hard and fast. I knew that tonight was going to be rough, but even this was almost enough to break a person. A lot had happened as Mew and I entered his parents home. A knock on the door followed by worried voices brought be out of my panic.

"Gulf, can you open the door?" Saint asked sweetly. He and Zee had come at the request of Mew's father Jong.

"It's going to be ok, Gulf, just open the door." Zee said as he knocked on the door lightly. How had they even found me?

"Bii, can you open the door please?" Mew asked next. "I'm really worried." I stood up and unlocked the door.

"Only Mew." I say as I barely open the door. Saint and Zee back off nodding, I also see Mew's father there with a worried look on his face.

"Dad, can I take him to the study?" Mew asks as he grabs my hand. Jong nods and Mew pulls me away. His touch makes me feel calmer, though I am still a wreak.

It doesn't take us long before we are in the study, Mew shuts and locks the door and sits me down. Then he pours something, and hands it to me.

"Trust me, just down it fast." Mew says quietly as he runs his hand through my hair. I nod then drink the drink fast, feeling as if my esophagus was melting. I sniffle as the tears I had been crying hadn't fully stopped. "It's ok, it will all be ok." Mew rubbed my back, as my mind play continuous flashes of this horrible evening.

Earlier

Mew and I walked into the home of his parents, Jong and Mrs. Jongcheveevat, apparently Jong wasn't his father's real name, it was just what he went by. There were several people here, which normally would have sent my anxiety in overdrive, but with Mew beside me I felt calm. His hand never left mine as we walked slowly towards his parents.

"Father." Mew said as we reached them, smiling at his father. His smile dropped when he turned towards his mother. "Mother." His tone also changed.

"Ah, Mew my boy, glad you could make it." Jong said with a smile. He looked at me, raising a brow, though I am sure at that moment he couldn't recognize me. "Who might this be?"

"Ah, sorry for the late introductions, Father, Mother, this is my boyfriend, Gulf Kanawut." Mew says as he tightens his hold on my hand.

"Gulf, that name sound familiar." Mew's mother says as she eyes me. "Oh, that rude secretary you have? Really, this is who you are claiming to love? A little orphan?"

"Excuse me?" Mew and I both were surprised by Jong who was the one who had answered. "What do could you mean by that?"

"Seriously, you didn't do a background check on this kid, Jong?" Mew's mother asked shaking her head. "His is the son of Pha Kanawut, and his little whore of a wife Min. You remember them, right? They left Thailand in a hurry, to never be heard from again, leaving their only son, who wound up in an orphanage." I felt my face get warm, though it wasn't from embarrassment.

"I would rather be a poor, orphan, than to be a homophobic witch." I say loud enough for them to hear. "Especially when said homophobic witch's only son is gay." Mew squeezes my hand a couple of times, as he tries to hide a smile that crosses his face.

"Also, you didn't have to look into my background, all you have to do is ask." I start, then pierce her with my eyes. "Yes, I was abandoned by my parents, and lived in an orphanage. What exactly does that have to do with anything? Also, does my background really matter, or is it because I have a penis that really bothers you?" Jong who had been taking a sip of champagne choked as he hid his laughter. "Because lady, if having a vagina is all that important to you, then your priorities are really fucked, you know, that right? What does gender really have to do with love? As long as two people love, respect, and care for one another, then who are you to tell them they are wrong?"