Chapter Ten

Gulf

I awoke to an empty bed, looking at the clock in read 1:30 in the afternoon. Had it not been for the fact that I was naked under my blankets I would have thought that this morning was nothing but an extremely erotic dream. Stretching I groaned as my muscles protested, everything was sore. Wrapping the sheet around me I stood, making my way towards the bathroom. I had to shower and get ready; I was going to Helping Paws today and I couldn't wait to see Chopper.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't see Mew standing in the doorway watching my every move. It wasn't until I heard his breath hitch did, I notice him. Looking up quickly I blush, trip over the sheet and land face first on the ground.

"Motherf..." My words cut off by the carpet, though I could hear Mew chuckling. Sitting up I rub my nose, thankful for the fact that my bedroom floor was carpeted and not hardwood.

"Are you ok?" Mew asked as he bent down by be, his hands bringing my face up to his.

"I'm fine, no damage, except maybe my pride." I sniff. Mew helps me stand up, and get untangled from my sheet, his breath quickening as I stand. Oh, right, I didn't have any clothes on. I smile sheepishly, then quickly grab the sheet and throw it around my entire body. Mew pouts at this.

"Sorry, but I have plans this afternoon." I say with a smile. Mew pouts even more, causing me to chuckle. "Would...." I pause then bring my hand to Mew's face. "Would you like to come with me?" Mew's expression changes so fast that I almost get whiplash. His pout now gone, replaced by a happy smile that lights up his whole face, I can't help but laugh.

"I need to take a shower first." As soon as the words leave my mouth my stomach growls, reminding me that I missed breakfast. "And then I should probably eat." Mew raised a brow causing me to blush again. "Food, I need to eat food."

"Go take your shower, I will get something ready." Mew says, then places a kiss to my forehead and pats my ass as he walks away. I squeal after his hand hits my cheek, blushing at the sound that came out of my mouth. Mew's laughter is all I hear after he walks away.

I shower and dress quickly, coming out of my room with a towel around my head. Mew is currently cursing my kitchen, then I hear a hiss. Rushing in there I see him running his hand under water.

"You ok?" I ask as I walk over to him. He jumps, which I laugh internally, payback, then a blush creeps across his face.

Mew

Not going to lie, I don't know the first thing about cooking. So, when I suggested to make something, I might have been getting a little ahead of myself. Turning the stove on I pour the oil in the pan, not realizing the pan was too hot. Oil bubbles started bursting, splashing oil on to my hands, causing me to hiss and turn the stove off while rushing to the sink.

"You ok?" Gulf's voice startles me, then I feel myself blush due to my embarrassment.

"I'm fine." I sigh. Then I smile as Gulf comes over and grabs my hands in his as inspects them. Shaking his head, he bends down, lightly kissing both of them.

"You don't know how to cook do you?" Gulf asks as he stands straight, a brow raised at me.

"No." I say sheepishly, my head hanging low. Gulf lifts my head up and kisses me lightly on the cheek.

"It's the thought that counts, thank you, but I think it will be safer if I cooked from here." Gulf said with a smile. "Besides, you could have burned my home down."

I am still stunned that he kissed my cheek. Smiling I lean back on the counter and watch him work his magic in the kitchen. How is it everything he does is so damn sexy? I shake my head, trying to clear my thoughts.