Chapter Thirteen

Saint

This was supposed to be a really fun night. Spending time with the love of my life, along with my best friend and his boyfriend, but no, some uppity bitch had to ruin it. I was glaring out the window, as Zee and I drove to Mew's countryside home. We made sure to tell no one were we were going and packed for a long stay. I put a notice on my work board online that I would be closed until further notice, which Zee had been begging me to do to begin with.

"Hey, what are you thinking about?" Zee asks as he grabs my hand.

"That hateful woman." I grumble. I couldn't help it, after ending up in a jail cell, though it was only for ten minutes if that, I was even more pissed off. "I want to smack that smug look of her face so bad."

"Calm down, let Mew and his father handle her. Besides, you are going to have to spend most of your time consoling Gulf, and most likely telling him about his family." Zee replied squeezing my hand.

"Why didn't Mew tell him?" I ask now glaring at my boyfriend whose cheeks turned pink. "thought so."

"I didn't want to hurt Gulf. I figured as long as he didn't know he would be ok, how was I supposed to know that Mew's mom is the way she is?" Zee replied sighing. "Seriously, I thought Gulf's parents were fucked, but I think Mew's mom is way worse."

"It's because Mew isn't her son." Saint said as he turned to look back out the window.

"What?" Zee shouted/asked, turning to look at me, then quickly back at the road. "What are you talking about?"

"Mew isn't her son." Saint replied with a sigh. "I asked Jong why she was so freaking evil towards Mew, and he said that she wasn't his biological son. Mew isn't aware of this."

"Wow, but why is she so evil to him then?" Zee asked confused.

"Because she couldn't have children, after years and years of trying she ended up having to have a hysterectomy. Mew's grandparents see her as a worthless gold digger, since she was nothing before marrying Jong. It got even worse when Mew's biological mother died, sending him to Jong when he was only three years old." I replied. I was kind of surprised Jong had even told me this, but sad to hear the Mew didn't even know who his biological mother was, he was going around thinking that the evil bitch was his mother.

"Jong should have told him, Mew is almost thirty, there is no reason to keep it from him." Zee said as he glared out the window. I shook my head and squeezed his hand.

"It's not an easy subject. Take me for example, I always knew I was adopted, but that was only because of meeting Gulf, had I been younger, and forgotten him, I would never know that my parent weren't my biological ones." I say as I intertwine our fingers. "You may have to call Jong, or have Mew call him, so he can at least learn that he isn't the spawn of someone as fucked up as Jeniva."

Gulf

When I woke up, the light was already shining through the windows, letting me know it was morning. I heard voices downstairs, so I got out of bed to follow them. When I walked downstairs, I was shocked to find Mew, Zee, and Saint sitting down talking.

"Gulfie!" Saint squealed as he tackled me, almost knocking me over. I hugged him back, grateful he was here.

"Zee and Saint arrived a few hours ago, you don't know how hard it was to convince that one to let you sleep." Mew said with a smile as he detached Saint from me, who was now frowning, and hugged me. "I am so sorry for last night." Mew tightened his hug on me, bringing a smile to my face. I reach up and pat his back lightly.

"It's ok, you couldn't have known that this was going to happen. Or that my parents were even alive." I say, but Mew only tightens his embrace. "Mew, I still need to breathe you know." Mew reluctantly let me go and didn't meet my eyes. I noticed that Zee and Saint were looking elsewhere as well.