Chapter Eight

Mew

I awake with Gulf in my arms, and it makes me extremely happy. I could get used to waking up with him there. But he just wants to be friends with benefits, is there a way to change his mind? I snuggle closer taking in the scent of strawberry and vanilla, how does he always smell like this?

"You finally awake?" Gulf says sleep in his voice.

"How long have you been up?" I ask, as I pull him up to sit with me.

"A while, I just didn't want to move." Gulf says with a sigh. I smile, maybe it wont be too hard to become more.

"Hmm." I reply, I could stay like this forever and be the happiest person alive. Gulf detached his arms, sitting up he looked me in the eyes.

"You cant fall for me." Gulf says seriously. I was taken aback, what did he mean? "I mean it Mew; you can't fall for me. Eventually, you will get bored, and if you have fallen for me by that point, I will be broken even more."

"What makes you think I will get bored with you?" I ask my hand on his cheek. My thumb was caressing him on its own accord.

"Everyone gets bored with the new toy eventually." Gulf says as he moves out of my arms and stands up. He stretches, and I can finally see the extent of our activities on his body, though I decide to keep it to myself. I watch him as he goes to the bathroom, not sure what I could even say with to him.

"Gulf, you are not a toy." I say when he steps out of the bathroom. He smiles at me and just shakes his head.

"I am going to go find the pool." Gulf says changing the subject. "I feel like I could use a good swim." I nod watching him go. How do I make him understand that I have already fallen? Do I keep my feelings in check, for fear of loosing him?

Running a hand through my hair I finally get out of the bed. I decide to take a shower to help clear my mind. It doesn't work, because my gaze keeps going to the tub, and flashes of the things that were done there play before me. Stepping out of the shower I wrap a towel around my waist and walk out of the bathroom.

"How do I get him to fall for me?" I ask out loud. I honestly don't know if I can just stay friends with benefits. I don't mind the benefits, but I already know I am wanting more than he could give.

Gulf

I sit at the edge of the pool my feet splashing in the water. My thoughts are replaying the previous conversation.

"Don't fall for me."

I don't know why I said it, but I felt like it needed to be said. Like he said before, we can have our fun, but I don't know about more than that. Sighing I shake my head, and slip into the water, I missed swimming. It was one of the things I missed the most after graduating. Luckily, there wasn't a lot of people around at the moment, meaning I can enjoy it more.

I was resting against the side of the pool, my lower half still in the water, and my head on my arms when someone tapped my shoulder. Looking up I see Bright, god this kid is everywhere. Can I not leave my room without running into him?

"We meet again." Bright says with a smile. Creep.

"So it would seem." I mumble.

"That's three encounters." Bright says with another smile.

"Is it?" I ask not caring in the least. It could be one hundred encounters, and I still wouldn't give a fuck. I know that is rude, but this guy just rubs me the wrong way.

"You know, it's a popular belief that those who encounter three times are destined for each other." Bright said still smiling. My eyes widen at this. I met Mew three times the first day I met him. The bathroom, the interview, and then again at the bar, does that mean we are destined to be together. "See you understand."