Chapter 6

I was kissing a woman. For the first time in my life, I was kissing a woman and I regretted not having done it earlier.

Maybe Regina was just an exception, or women kissed better than men in general. I'd loved my former husband with all my heart, but Killian's kisses - even though it was quite hard to admit - weren't nearly as good as Regina's.

And this was but the first kiss.

Her lips were velvety soft, much softer than they seemed and it was quite pleasurable. My hands were entangled in her dark hair, while hers were caressing my bare back.

Regina straddled my lap and right at that moment, my stomach grumbled. I'd forgotten we hadn't even eaten dinner yet, but I hated my stomach for reminding me.

Perhaps Regina didn't notice it and we could just continue kissing for the rest of our lives, because it felt hard parting from her lips.

I was already addicted.

"We need to eat something," Regina muttered against my lips, but I only groaned in both disagreement and pleasure as response.

She pulled away from my lips and looked at me with what seemed to be adoration.

"I'll cook. Do you like broccoli quinoa cake?"

"Sounds healthy."

"Why did that sound as though it's bad to eat healthy?" Regina questioned with a playful tone.

"It didn't," I defended, but laughed. "I've never tried it, but I'd like to."

Regina crawled off my lap and stood up. She held up her hand and when I grabbed it, she pulled me up, close to her.

She looked at my lips and I smirked as she kissed them softly. I wrapped my arms around her slim waist and pulled her closer.

A moan erupted from her throat and she pulled me so close that every part of our bodies were touching.

I broke our kiss and breathed heavily, still close to her. "We kissed twice."

"What? No kidding!" Regina sarcastically quipped and chuckled softly, but then her face turned serious. "Why are Belle and Ruby so annoying, but right? This doesn't feel.. weird."

I chuckled softly. "It doesn't." My eyes looked into hers and we just stayed that way for a moment, looking at each other, both still contemplating what it was that was happening between the two of us.

At least, that was what I was doing and I could merely assume Regina was doing the same.

My empty stomach grumbled again and Regina cleared her throat. "Dinner. We should get to dinner."

"I'm a horrible cook. Can I be of any help?" I asked as I pulled a shirt of Regina's over my head, while we arrived in the kitchen.

"Can you prepare a salad, by any chance?" Regina inquired and washed her hands before she started grabbing lettuce, tomato and other ingredients for a salad.

"Of course, most certainly, probably," I replied and washed my hands as well. "I can screw anything up, so don't expect me to do this right."

"It's mostly just cutting vegetables. It's hard to screw that up."

"Watch me," I said and she handed me a cutting board. Our fingers briefly touched before fully cupped my head.

"I'm sure you'll manage to do it," she said with a wink and retracted her hand.

I blushed heavily and purposely turned my head away to prevent Regina from seeing my red cheeks. The little gestures and touches made it almost unbearable to be around the woman without blushing.