Chapter 13

Emma's P.O.V.

Her fingers were intertwined with mine. She looked me in the eyes with an adorable smile on her lips. I had solely eyes for her. Well, and for the door of the restaurant, because I didn't want to be caught by Ruby and Belle, holding hands with Regina.

Not that I was embarrassed of holding hands with Regina, but simply because they'd get all squeaky and loud again.

"Being early has its perks," Regina said and squeezed my hand softly.

I smiled and nodded agreed. "Indeed. I'm so sorry I invited them."

We had decided we'd sit opposite each other, mainly so it'd be easier to focus on each other and not the couple next to us.

It had been almost a week since I'd last seen Regina. That was in the sheriff station and we'd made out, but since then we'd barely had any contact.

I was quite busy with work and I could only assume she was, too. We did text each other, almost every day, just asking how each other's day had been, but not more than that.

"It's okay. I'm just.. not sure what we're going to tell them. I think that once they think it's serious, they'll stop being so curious, but I'm not sure."

I frowned and sighed with a shrug. "The thing is.." I bit my lower lip and sighed again. "We don't even know.. what this is ourselves, right? I mean.. we're.. you know? Do we have a label? Are we actually dating? Or are we friends with.. kissing? Or are we going to stop kissing eventually?"

Confusion was written all over my face, I was sure of that. And I was genuinely confused and slightly frightened for what Regina was to say.

I didn't know what I wanted her to say. I didn't know what I wanted Regina to be. Friend? Lover? Girlfriend? Wife?...

The only thing I was sure of, was that I liked Regina. A lot. I liked her from the moment we started talking to each other, two weeks ago, and since then, my feelings had only grown.

We had talked a lot, those two nights, and I couldn't wait to do that more often.

I secretly hoped that after this date, we'd go to one of our places and talk. I loved talking to her and I simply couldn't get enough of her presence.

"Uh.." Regina didn't seem to know the answer as well, and she shifted rather uncomfortably in her seat. "Well.. what do you want? I mean, this is our second date, so.. would that mean we're dating?"

I bit my lower lip and shrugged. If I were dating her, that would mean I'm dating a woman. Not that I minded that - Regina was stunning and a really good kisser - but it was still something I had to process, for some reason.

Never had I ever thought of dating a woman and I didn't know how it would go. But I wasn't afraid to find out and explore this side of me.

"I think so.." a smile appeared on my lips as I felt a blush creeping up my cheeks. "I'd like to think so, at least."

"Me too," Regina confessed and I smiled brightly, when I heard someone clear their throat beside me, making both me and Regina retract our hand.

"Hello, lovebirds," Belle chuckled and sat down beside me. "Didn't want to sit next to each other?" Belle questioned as she took off her jacket and looked at Ruby, who sat down opposite her.

Neither me nor Regina replied and we just looked at our friends.

"So, tell us. What's going on between the two of you?" Ruby asked intrigued. "I heard you two had sex in the sheriff's office."