Chapter 18

Regina's P.O.V.

I hoped that if I hugged Henry and Roland long enough, I could just wipe away the past twenty minutes from everyone's memory or just make time stop.

The boys were happy to see me. Emma was definitely not.

"We were at the old factory," Henry told and Roland bumped his brother's shoulder with a soft hush.

"Boys, go inside. I want to have a proper talk with you," I said and it was as though I was falling and kept falling with nothing to hold onto as the boys released me.

"Mom, this is Emma, she wanted to talk to you." Roland left with those words and pulled his brother along with him.

I'd planned leaving the house to look for my sons, so I had the key to my house with me, thus I closed the front door.

"They're not allowed at the old factory. I talked to your former husband about it. I really hoped he'd gotten through to them, because it's strictly forbidden. They're lucky they're young, because otherwise they wouldn't get away with it this easily."

I was glad Emma was talking to me, but I knew she only did it because of her job. She was evidently angry at me for keeping this from her.

"Emma, I..." She didn't seem too interested, but still cocked her head. "I am so sorry," I apologized.

She shoved her hands in her pockets and stepped back. "Bye, Regina."

Emma wanted to walk away, but I couldn't let her. I hurried towards her and grabbed her arm. She turned around and I saw the emotion I figured was coming. Anger.

"Please, talk to me," I pleaded and slid my hand up her arm, trying to soothe her anger.

"Alright.." she cleared her throat. "I cannot believe you kept this from me. After everything we've told each other the past month, after every moment of vulnerability we shared, I can't believe you didn't tell me this. We've been dating for three weeks, Regina. Three! This is something you tell a person, before they even consider a second date. How long were you going to keep this up? Were you just never going to tell me?"

Her voice raised and I bit my lower lip, trying to contain my tears.

"I knew you wouldn't stay with me if you knew I had children," I confessed, but I knew it was a petty excuse. I should've told her.

Emma scoffed. "You didn't know I didn't want children until this morning. You should've told me!"

"I know, I should have," I said and closed my eyes for a second. "But I didn't.. I don't want to lose you."

"And you thought it would be better to be around me, knowing it was all an illusion? That it would all end soon, because you thought I'd go if I found out you have children."

"Well.. aren't you?"

Emma stepped back. "Yes. But that has nothing to do with Roland or Henry, that's because you kept such a thing from me. You lied to me. Goodbye Regina. We're done. Over."

I watched the woman walk away and out of my life with a single tear rolling down my cheek. I wiped it away, turned around and faked a smile for my children before I walked inside.

~~~~

Emma's P.O.V.

I wasn't going to go back to work. I couldn't think normally anymore. I didn't want to lose Regina, not after everything we'd been through. But I was angry. I was really, really angry.

It was true, I didn't want children. It had never been my dream to become a mother, but for Regina I would've done anything for those children.

I liked Roland and Henry already, but I couldn't get over the fact that Regina had lied to me. That she'd kept that from me.

If she hadn't told me this, the stories of her past couldn't have been accurate either. Children were important in every parent's life and I knew Regina loved them, so I couldn't understand why she hadn't told me this.

I actually felt betrayed.

Graham probably wouldn't miss me at the station, but I sent him a quick text saying that I didn't have time to come to the office anymore, due to personal stuff.

Fortunately, I was certain he wouldn't ask me what kind of personal stuff I meant and whether I was okay.

I parked my car near my apartment building and hurried upstairs to my apartment where I slammed the door shut behind my back and hurried to the kitchen.

My red, leather jacket flew through the air as I looked around my kitchen. I still had a strong bottle of vodka in my cabinet and grabbed it, along with a shot glass.

I needed alcohol.

The drink burned on my tongue as I threw back three glasses of vodka. I immediately felt the alcohol buzzing through my veins and calming me.

I collapsed on the chair at my table and filled another shot glass. My thumb fumbled with the label of the vodka bottle and I groaned, before I drank the next shot.

I hissed and suddenly felt a tear rolling down my cheek. Alcoholic drinks weren't my go to drinks and I was surprised I even had a bottle of such strong alcohol in my house.

As I usually didn't drink so much alcohol, it had a much stronger effect on me than I anticipated and I felt my mind becoming quite blurry.

All I could think of was Regina. Her laugh echoed in my ears, her smile appeared every time I closed my eyes and I wanted to touch and hold her so badly.

I stood up from my chair and stumbled my way over to my front door. I grabbed my keys, dropped them immediately and had a hard time picking them up, but once I'd managed, I walked out of my apartment.

The door slammed shut as I made my way over to my neighbor. I hiccuped as I knocked loudly on the door and it didn't take long before Lily opened the door.

"Emma? What are you doing here?"

"I'm ready to fuck," I said and started pulling my shirt up. I felt myself being dragged to the ground, so I leaned against the wall for support. "Kiss me."

Lily sighed and I closed my eyes. She put one arm on my back and guided me away from the wall. Her hands were on my ass and I felt her grabbing my keys of my house.

Suddenly, she left and I groaned in frustration. "Fuck me. Lily, do it," I whined and I heard a door open in the distance.

My head was heavy and leaned against the wall and I still waited for Lily to touch me. If I couldn't get Regina, then I'd settle for less, but I needed her to touch me.

I heard her approach me again and smirked as I opened my eyes. But my smirk faded away when I felt her hand on my back and the other one tilting my legs from the floor.

"No.. what are you doing?" I grumbled and groaned softly in disapproval.

"I'm taking you home. I don't know what's happened to you, but you're crazy to assume I'm going to sleep with you when you're in such a drunk state."

She laid me on my bed and took off my jacked and shoes before she tucked me in. Lily tossed my keys on the table and smiled at me.

"Perhaps one day when you're not so drunk. I still want to know what happened to you, so I'll knock on your door tomorrow morning. Bye Emma."

I couldn't reply. The alcohol had taken over my body and I felt myself relaxing in my mattress. It didn't take long before I felt my eyes becoming too heavy and I fell asleep.