Chapter 16

I walked determined through the town. Regina had lots of work to do and I'd left her house rather early. I didn't mind, though. I didn't go to the Sheriff's Station, even though Graham expected me to come.

Graham had avoided me all week as much as possible. I knew he felt guilty for what had happened last Saturday and he'd just hummed in response when I said it wasn't his fault and that it was okay.

The Rabbit Hole was one of the two bars in Storybrooke, but I barely visited either one. If I wanted to get hammered, I'd do it at home, while watching some show on Netflix. I barely drunk alcohol anyway, only when I felt like shit or when I was with other people.

However, today, I visited the bar for a different reason. Regina and I hadn't talked about her sister since yesterday night, but I was certain that was the reason Regina moved to Storybrooke and I was more than eager to find out who this sister of her was.

I opened the door to the Rabbit Hole and immediately noticed the warmth. Many people were already inside and the air was hot and sticky. The soft music coming from the boxes only added to the loud sound of drunk customers yelling at each other.

My eyes scanned the bar and I noticed some people from the streets. I sat down on a stool at the bar and observed the people working.

I recognized a man and it took me some time to figure out that was Mr. Locksley, the man whose child I'd brought home. He seemed to have lots of fun with his colleague, a red haired, beautiful woman. There was one other man working, but I didn't know him and wasn't interested in him.

The woman walked in my direction and I read her name tag. Zelena Mills. This was Regina's half sister.

"Can I get you anything?" She asked and plastered a fake smile upon her lips as I nodded slowly.

"Yeah, uhm.." I wasn't used to these places and felt rather uncomfortable. "Do you have beer?"

Zelena laughed. "Would be weird if we hadn't." She looked at my face and probably noticed my uncomfortableness, so she cleared her throat. "I'll get you something, which I think you'll like."

I laughed embarrassed and shifted in my seat. Zelena looked nothing like Regina, she even had a hint of a British accent, making me wonder where she'd spent her entire life. Yet, I still saw some sort of resemblance. They gave off the same energy, or something.

Someone sat down on the stool next to me and turned to me. "Hey," she said and smiled politely.

I flashed her a smile as Zelena handed me the beer. I nodded in gratitude at the bartender and handed her some cash, before I sipped the drink.

"Rough day?" The woman asked.

I shrugged, not really in the mood to start a conversation, but not having the guts to rebuff her.

"Quite," I replied curtly. I didn't recognize this woman.

"My name's Lilith, but you can call me Lily. I recently moved here."

"Nice to meet you, Lily," I said and drank some more of my beer. I was here to observe Zelena, not to chitchat with random women.

My eyes kept drifting off to Zelena, even though I tried to focus on Lilith.

"I recently moved here in this apartment building. I heard this is the best bar in town," she said and clearly wanted me to approve, but I shrugged.

"There's only two of them," I replied.

"What's your name?" She asked, still not understanding that I was in no mood to talk to her.

I wasn't annoyed or angry, I just wanted to concentrate on my work and find out some things about Zelena. I wanted to help Regina connect with her sister again, because I knew she wanted it too.