Chapter 11

Emma's  P.O.V.

I grabbed another piece of paper and neatly folded it into a paper plane. Once I'd succeeded, I admired my work for a second, before I aimed it at the trash bin.

There was only one plane that had actually made it into the bin, but I kept on trying. I grabbed the next piece of paper when the phone rang.

Hopefully some action.

I answered the phone and for the second time that day, I heard Archie's voice.

"Pongo is gone," he said with the most worried tone I'd ever heard him talk.

The man was nice, really, but I had heard this story so many times now. At least once a week, Archie called, telling his dog was gone and the animal was always at the same spot, drinking water from the lake in the park.

"Archie, he's probably at the same spot as always."

"I guarantee you, he's not," Archie said with a stern tone.

Well, I had nothing better to do anyways.

"I'll be on my way, Archie. Where are you?"

He gave me the directions and I hung up. A loud sigh escaped my throat and I closed my eyes for a second, when I heard footsteps approaching.

Graham and I had been fighting over the phone, but he was slightly faster than me, so he got to go to the house. Even though it didn't seem too much fun - all I'd heard was that a woman saw an ex-wife of her neighbor entering the house and had heard lots of screaming and hitting sounds afterwards - I'd like something to do that wasn't "rescuing" a dog.

I opened my eyes and to my utter confusion and surprise, I saw Regina walking along with Graham. One of her cheeks was bright red, but she held a stern look upon her face.

"Emma," she said as soon as she'd noticed me. I often felt good at reading people's emotions, but right now it seemed impossible. I didn't know whether she was glad, mad, sad or disappointed to see me here.

But everything got cleared up when she walked toward me and gave me a hug. It was a long hug, much to my enjoyment, much less to Graham's.

"Graham, maybe it's better if I take over this case?" I said, with an innocent smile. "Pongo is lost again. Archie claims he's not at the park drinking water, so perhaps you could help him."

Graham shook his head. "No, Emma. You can't help me with this case, due to obvious personal matters. You two know each other and that could affect the professionalism of this case."

I glanced at Regina, who swallowed and again, I couldn't tell whether she wanted to talk to me or Graham.

"We live in Storybrooke, Graham. Everything's going to be a personal matter here."

Regina cleared her throat, earning both mine and Graham's attention.

"I'd really like to talk to Miss Swan, if that's possible."

I sighed relieved and looked at Graham, who grumbled annoyed and walked outside.

"That damn dog always!" I heard him scream from the corridor and I quickly walked to the door to close it.