Chapter 17

Emma's P.O.V.

It had been exactly two weeks when Regina and I found out the truth about our past. We were working through it, helping each other cope with the new information and frankly, it was going quite well.

Regina's busiest days were Saturday through Wednesday, I'd noticed that. She said that was because she liked to plan and mark tests early in the week and she seemed to have a tight schedule.

We had spent last night together, it had almost become a regular thing. From the moment Regina and I met - which was already a month ago, now - we had spent the Friday nights together.

I had told her about my little trip to the Rabbit Hole and she'd seemed quite uncomfortable when I asked her whether her half sister was the reason she'd moved to Storybrooke, but she'd responded with a yes.

Our bond grew closer with the day. I'd never trusted someone as much and as soon as Regina, but it felt so familiar, so.. genuinely good.

We'd been on one date, the past two weeks and it was in a restaurant. The same restaurant where we met.

Last night, we'd just watched a movie at her place and we'd fallen asleep cuddled up in her bed. We hadn't actually slept together yet, but for now, I didn't necessarily need that. We were taking everything step by step.

I watched the brunette as she was preparing breakfast in the kitchen. She'd probably ask me to leave after breakfast, so I wanted to enjoy this moment.

"Do you want children?"

Regina's question came out of nowhere and I cocked my head in confusion. Perhaps now would be the moment to tell her...

"No," I replied and swallowed. Regina's back was still turned to me as she was preparing scrambled eggs. "I, uh.. I want to tell you something," I said and I finally caught Regina's attention.

She turned around and looked at me, but I couldn't place her emotion or what she was thinking.

"I have a son," I confessed and Regina furrowed her eyebrows confused. "I gave him up for adoption," I explained and then chuckled. "I would've told you by now, if I had children walking around at home," I chuckled.

Regina laughed as well, but she didn't seem to find it too funny. "How.. uh.. when? Why?" She asked confused and turned around again to make sure the eggs wouldn't get ruined.

"I was nineteen and not ready to take care of a child yet. It was too late for an abortion when I found out, so adoption was the only solution. I'm not meant to be a mother," I said and shrugged.

"Weren't you in jail when you were nineteen?" Regina asked confused.

"Yeah.. that would've made it even worse for the child."

Regina knew everything about me. I'd told her ever detail of my past as had she, at least, I assumed she had.

I stood up and walked towards her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her neck. "Are you okay? I'm sorry, maybe I should've told you sooner."

Regina shook her head absentmindedly and turned off the stove before she looked at me. "It doesn't change a thing, Em. It doesn't make me like you any less." She kissed me softly and smiled.

"Come, let's eat breakfast."

~~~~

He was more careful around me with what he asked and said. Graham used to ask me how my weekend was, but he'd stopped doing that.