Chapter 24

I listened intently as Zelena shared her entire life story. Her home situation in my old family was even more complicated that I was away of.

She'd actually been abused by my parents, mentally, mainly, but apparently there had been times that they'd actually hit her.

Zelena shared everything with me and Emma and she kept repeating how horrible she felt for having left me with our parents, to which I responded that it hadn't been that bad for me, personally.

We'd talked for a solid two and a half hours and it had been everything I'd hoped for. We were reconnecting again and we both had needed it.

I was glad Emma was there, though. She had this calming effect on me and she soothingly rubbed the back of my hand with her thumb.

I also found out that Robin was now working in the Rabbit Hole. Zelena had hired him a couple of weeks ago - she was now the owner of the bar as the previous one had passed away - and said he was a good employee.

She'd been surprised to hear that he was my ex-husband and that I had two children. She herself was single, but not looking for anyone and she wasn't interested in being married and having kids.

"But how did you two meet?"

I had just told Zelena the story of me and Robin, but she seemed much more interested in this one.

"Well.." Emma cleared her throat and laughed. "We were on a date, both with someone else, and we ran into each other in the bathroom."

Zelena smiled brightly. "So, you both stood up your dates and went with each other instead?" She questioned.

"Kind of," I said with a chuckle. "Belle and Ruby later on set us up on a blind date. They weren't aware of the fact we already knew each other."

"Gotta love that couple," Zelena said and laughed before she looked at the clock. "It's getting quite late, maybe we can meet up some other time? It was so nice to talk to the both of you."

I nodded agreed as I shoved my stool back. "Yes, it was really good. Thank you. We should probably head home."

Zelena guided us to the exit and I hugged her goodbye before Emma and I took off in the snow. She waved Zelena goodbye, before she grabbed my hand and started walking.

"I actually didn't think it would take this long, so my plan is kind of ruined, but that doesn't matter," Emma said.

"I'm sorry," I apologized. I had no idea what she'd been up to, but I felt sorry for ruining her plans.

"No need. It's still fun and I am glad we got to talk to Zelena. That was better than anything I could've planned for us."

I smiled and briefly squeezed her hand to express my love.

Yes. The more time I spent with Emma, the more certain I became. I was in love with her.

It was crazy, because I hadn't even known her for that long. And three of the weeks that I'd known her, we hadn't spoken to each other.

Yet, deep down, I felt it. I knew it. I loved Emma, a lot, and I wanted her to be my girlfriend more than anything.

Perhaps I could ask her?

She walked with me towards the beach and smiled brightly. "I actually wanted to watch the sunset with you, but.. well yeah, the sun has already set."

I looked up at the dark, clear sky and saw millions of stars sparkling.

"I figured it would be pretty in the snow. And cold. But I suppose now we can just watch the sea and the dark sky," Emma suggested and led me towards the giant rocks where I noticed two figures.

"Emma, there are people there," I softly warned.

"Relax, that's just Belle and Ruby."

I furrowed my eyebrows, but when we moved closer I recognized them. They'd lit some candles and when they noticed us, they hopped off the rocks.

"Everything's ready. Have fun you both," Belle said softly and smiled before she and Ruby left.

I stared in utter confusion at the two women who were walking away, and then at Emma.

"I asked them to prepare us a picnic in the snow," Emma curtly explained and helped me up on the rocks.

My heart melted at the sweet gesture. Everything looked perfect. Ruby and Belle had swept away the snow on the rock and made place for a blanket. They'd lit candles and there was a basket with food.

Emma had organized this perfectly, with help from our friends. I absolutely loved it.

I looked at Emma before we both sat down. Under these rocks was a cave, but that had been closed many years ago.

I gazed at the sea for a moment, before I turned my head to Emma and I moved closer to her.

"It's perfect, Emma. Thank you," I whispered and looked her in the eyes.

"Anything for you," she replied and I kissed her softly.

Emma pulled away and looked at the basket. Zelena had given us some bread to eat, because we hadn't eaten dinner yet, but I was still quite hungry and I felt my mouth watering when Emma grabbed the food from the basket.

It was a typical picnic basket, filled with all kinds of food. Bread, all sorts of cheeses, a salad, fruit and many more things. There was tea, which was still warm in a thermos.

"I love it," I said and looked at her. The moonlight highlighted her eyes and they sparkled in the dark as she glanced at me.

We started eating and meanwhile talked about our past week. We hadn't seen each other since this morning, but before that we'd last seen each other Saturday.

It was nice to talk to her. It was always nice to talk to her. Every second spend with Emma was nothing but amazing.

"So, I went to the grocery sto-"

"Be my girlfriend." I didn't know what possessed me to just interrupt her like that and I felt my cheeks heating up.

"What?" Emma asked confused and I shifted uncomfortably, before I shrugged.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have interrupted you like that, I just... I'd love for you to be my girlfriend, but let me rephrase it. Emma Swan, will you officially be my girlfriend? You can say no, obviously. Frankly, I'd understand if you'd say no, I mean-"

"Yes," Emma replied. "I'd love to be your girlfriend."

I bit my lower lip before she pulled me in a searing kiss. Emma pulled my zipper down and removed my jacket. I had already slid my hand under her dress and was now stroking Emma's thigh.

Despite my bare arms and the snow surrounding us both, I felt hot. I'd removed Emma's jacket as well and her warm skin touched mine.

I moaned softly as she sucked my lower lip between her teeth and squeezed her thigh in pleasure before I pulled back.

"Em?" I asked softly. She looked quite confused at my sudden movement, but tilted her head, awaiting the end of my sentence. "I still have children," I whispered.

"I know, Regina," she replied softly. "But you know I've been thinking about that. Your kids are great and I still want to be with you."

She furrowed her eyebrows for a second and inhaled deeply. "Just.. I.. you know.. I'm not ready to like.. meet them officially. I know I said that before, but I'd rather wait until things are.. steadier between us."

"Of course," I replied. "Truthfully, I'm not ready to tell them about us yet, either. They're just getting over the fact that Robin and I will not be together again, so I want to give them and us, some more time."

Emma smiled and captured my lips. "We should probably go home before we freeze to death."

"I'm not cold," I protested. I loved our shared moment in the snow.

The blonde cocked her head and I gave in. Despite the excitement rushing through my body of being with Emma, I still felt the cool air pricking my skin.

"Let's pack this up and meanwhile you can continue your story about the grocery store."