Chapter 23

Regina's P.O.V.

"Em, I swear, it's much faster if we go this way," I said and tried to pull the woman along with me, but she didn't move with me.

Instead, she pulled me in the opposite direction, without muttering a word.

"Where are we going? I made reservations at.."

She kissed my lips to prevent me from saying any more words. "The restaurant can wait," she mumbled against my lips before we broke apart.

It was quite cold, with snow still covering the ground, and I had brought a jacket that didn't go well with my dress, but was warm.

Emma grabbed my hand and started walking fast. "I'm not taking you somewhere romantic," Emma said. "So, don't get your hopes up. This isn't like a romantic kidnap."

I was rather concerned by what Emma had planned, but I trusted her enough not to really worry about it. I'd see where things would go.

It didn't take long before I realized where Emma was taking me, and once I saw the red sign out front, I stopped walking.

"No. Not in a million years."

My tone was stern, but both Emma and I knew that it was a lie. Well, half a lie. The Rabbit Hole was one of the reasons I moved to Storybrooke and I'd planned to visit it sometime, but I just wasn't ready.

Although I knew that I'd never be totally ready to face Zelena again. I was afraid of what she might think of me, of whether we could fix our bond.

"Regina, I'm going to be by your side, no matter what. We're going in together. We don't have to do anything. We don't have to talk to her, but I promise you that once you've taken this step to just see her, it'll all be much easier from then on."

"I already took that step many years ago," I protested, but Emma has already pulled me with her inside the bar.

It was Wednesday, so the bar was empty apart from three men, who seemed to have been in here for quite some time.

My eyes immediately caught the redhead behind the bar, who was looking at her phone. She didn't have much to do without a lot of customers.

I averted my eyes to Emma, who continued walking up to the bar and sat down on a stool. I imitated her actions and sat down on the stool beside her.

"Hi, can I... Roni?" She recognized me. Not as Regina, but as Roni.

It had been over ten years since I last saw her and she'd grown up. She looked much more mature, but she held the same energy as always.

"Zelena, hi!" I said enthusiastically and I squeezed Emma's hand for support. "Long time no see, how are you? What have you been up to?" My voice cracked.

"You're so grown up," Zelena responded and then looked at Emma. "Didn't you visit the bar a couple of weeks ago?"

Emma looked slightly uncomfortable, but nodded. "Yes, that's right. How, uh.. how do you two know each other?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and pursed my lips together. Was Emma really going to play this card? Then, I glanced at Zelena who smiled brightly.

"She worked here about ten years ago, I think? Just a teenager."

"I can't believe you still remember me, I only worked here for a weekend," I responded.

Ever since that weekend, I imagined this moment. The moment that I got to talk to her again, but I wasn't sure she wanted to have any contact with me.