The Dizzy Effect

"Look at this dweeb! Glasses, color everywhere. You'd think a paint bucket threw up on her!" One guy cackled. Dizzy, pushing her up her glasses, tried to remain calm and stoic.

  "Hey!" Ursa walked up behind the guys, arms folded. The guys turned around a d looked her up and down before grinning.

  "What's this??? Chubalessences, is that you?"

  "What's the matter? Miss being fat?" One man picked at her sleeve.

  "Yeah, that why your clothes are so oversized?" Tbe other chimed in. Ursa rose her brow at them.

  "That's what I just ..." the first guy looked at the other annoyed.

  "Great, so go bother someone else your own age. " Ursa shifted her weight to her other leg.

  Dizzy remained quiet but she was so happy someone stepped in.

  "Oh, you mean like you?"

  "Wait, dude.." second guy looked around. "What if her boyfriend is here??"

  Ursa's face went a deep red. Did they really think Harry was her boyfriend those years ago??

  "He's not. Remember? He's Uma's first mate. " the guy looked  back at Ursa. "Boyfriend left her for her sister." He laughed.

  "You done?"she glared back at him.

  "So what if we're picking on Dizzy. " he ruffled Dizzy's hair roughly. "Shes like a little sister to us. "

  "You and I both know that's bull sh**." Ursa clenched her jaw. "So either leave her alone, or I'll make you. " she grinned.

  "Oh, is that a threat? " the men started towards her.

  "A challenge. " she lifted her fists. Unlike Uma, she wasn't good with a sword. She had to learn another way to defend herself, since her and her sister were such easy targets to pick on growing up.

  "Hey, look! I bet she hits like a girl!" The second guy threw his head back laughing. Taking the opening Ursa rushed in and punched him hard in the gut. When he leaned forward to cradle the pain, she took another swing at his head, knocking him out cold.

  The first guys raced up behind her, grabbing both her wrist and pulling so she was forced to hug her self.

  "Crap!" She struggled.

  Dizzy ran up behind the guy and smashed a large pot over his head causing him to release Ursa and stumble a bit. Ursa looked behind  and smiled.

  "Thanks, Diz."

  "No problemo!" Dizzy beamed. The guy stood up, red with anger. He turned to Dizzy.

  "Really Bi***?!"

  Dizzy looked terrified. Ursa quickly kicked the man's side, making him stumble away again. Quickly she ran between the two and planted her fist mask in the middle of the guys face. He was out like a light and the girls ran from the scene, laughing.

  "Ursa that was amazing!!!" Dizzy squealed as she imitated very loose punches.

  "Your were amazing back there to!" Ursa smiled. The two took in deep sighs of relief as they looked back at the Curl up and Dye doors.

  "Have you heard from Evie lately?"

  "No..." Dizzys smiled faded a bit but quickly came back. "But I'm sure it's because shes super busy with school!"

  "Right.." Ursa tilted her head. "Hey, so next time those guys bother you. Come get me. "

  "Promise." Dizzy smiled. She was so innocent. How could anyone pick on her? The two said their goodbyes and Ursa went back towards Gils place.

  She started up to the door when Gul walked around the corner, slurping down eggs.

  "Ursa!" He smiled and walked over to her. "What are you doing here?"

  "Had to get out of the shop for a while and cool down. So I thought I would come hang out with you."  She smiled.

  His sweet face beamed with happiness. He spotted her knuckles were a bit red and swollen.

  "Hey, what happened?"

  "Huh?" She looked at her hand when he nodded to it. "Oh! I beat up a couple if dickwads." Her voice started to shake. Now that the adrenaline was gone the fear came creeping in.

  "Why? That's not like you. "

  "They were picking on Diz." Ursa huffed. Gil watched her a bit before gently tugging on her box braids.

  "Come on. " He lead her up to their favorite spot on the roof. The two sat up there talking and laughing till they could see the sun set behind Auradon.

  "Thanks for hanging out with my Gil. " Ursa slid down the house pipe. "I'll see ya later!" She waved up at him and ran off.