The Wanted King

Flashback
(Ursa 6, Evie 8)

  Mal and Jay scoffed at the sisters and walked off, yelling for Carlos and Evie to follow. Carlos watched Ursa shiver, hesitating to follow. He felt bad. When they called his name again he jumped and ran after them. Evie stayed behind, moving slowly after her friends as she kept an eye on Ursa, Uma and Harry.

  "Stay here Ursa, I'll get you a dry towel." Uma assured her baby sister. She got up and ran to find a towel. Harry started to follow to help till he noticed Evie moving towards Ursa.
Evie stopped when she noticed Harry's offensive stance.

  "I'm not going to do anthing.." she reassured him. She continued to Ursa and knelt next to her. She looked at her with sympathy.

  "Hey...you alright?" Evie looked Ursa over. Ursa nodded, hugging herself to try and warm up.

  "..." Evie carefully took her leather jacket off and draped it around Ursa's shoulder. "She didnt mean it."

  "Sure looked it." Harry huffed.

  "Shes just acting out because of how mean her mom is.." Evie protested. She was mature for her age, definitely the mother friend. She looked back at Ursa and gave her a warm smile.

  Ursa finally spotted the rest of the gang, just waiting outside the hide out.

  "Evie!!" She shouted as she came closer. The gang turned. Evie smiled and pulled Ursa into hug when she came close.

"Hey!" Evie pulled away and look her up and down. "Ursa please tell me this isnt your everyday outfit?"

  "What? Of course it is!" Ursa smiled proudly. Jay let out a quiet chuckle and Carlos let out a loud laugh. He walked over to her and pat her back.

  "Come on Evie, I think she looks fine. Shes...comfortable!"

  "Thanks Carlos." Ursa grinned at him. She glanced at Jay who only nodded at her.

  "Jay, I-"

  Ben came down the steps to everyone, only glancing at them.

  "Shes not coming..." he mumbled dejected, turning and walking away from everyone.

  "Let me talk to her. " Evie moved to a horn and started talking into it. "Mal can we talk? .... M, its me, Evie."

  "GO AWAY!" Mal's voice echoed through the metal tubes.

  "Let's give her some time..." Jay spoke up.

  "Whats happening?" Ursa looked between everyone, stopping at Evie.

  "Mal and Ben......may have broken up. " Evie's voice was coated with sadness.

  "Hey guys?" Carlos started, looking over to everyone. "Where's Ben?"

  "Ben??" Evie looked into the foggy alley way. "Ben!" She yelled.

  A figure with its head down start walking towards them, looking rejected.

  "Ben, don't scare us like that.." Evie sighed with releif.

  "Don't scare you?" Harry's voice sank into everyones ears. Ursa looked up at him, everyone on high alert. "But thats my specialty." He grinned.

  "Harry.." Evie whispered.

  "What did you do with Ben?" Jay snapped, taking a step towards Harry.

"Oh, eh, we nicked him. Mmhm, yeah. And if you want to see him again, have Mal come to the Chip shop tonight. Alone." He pointed to all of them, stoping on Ursa. "And You. Uma wants you."

  Ursa tensed, his tone, the glint in his eye. She had to go.

  "I'll....see you guys later..." She lowered her head and ran off. She could hear the scuffle and Harry's laugh fade as she went deeper into the alley. She slowed down her run as the Chip shop came into view. She fixed her baggy clothes and walked in, still a bit out of breath.

  "You wanted me?" She looked at Uma.

  "Yeah, I have a big job for you." Uma folded her arms.

  "What am I cleaning now?"

  "Not cleaning. " Uma grinned. "Your going to take the first watch of our prisoner. "

  Ursa's eyes widened. This must be a test. Prove her loyalty to her sister or to Mals troupe.

  "If hes in the brig, why do I need to watch him?"

  "Make sure he doesn't go beast on us. Or try to break out. "

  "You really think the King is that clever?" Ursa grinned. Uma laughed. Something they both agree on.

  "Just go watch the prisoner. "

  "Fine." She walked to the bar and grabbed a tray of food. She turned to leave with it but Uma stepped in front of her, her eyes narrowed.

  "What are you doing?"

  "I'm going to eat my lunch while I watch him. " Ursa glared at her. They stood there for a bit before the tense air was disturbed as Harry walked back in cackling like an idiot.

  "The plan is set into motion, captain. He bowed to Uma before wrapping his arm over her shoulder, looking at Ursa as if trying to see if she was jealous. Ursa just rolled her eyes and pushed passed them.