Suprise Sleepover

Hours passed and Ursa was finally done with the deck. She was so tired as she walked back to the Chip shop.

  "What's my name?" Uma demanded, looking at Harry. He immediately took his hat off a s knelt, keeping his gaze on her.

  "Uma" he responded in admiration. 

  "What's my name?" She turned to Gil, who again was eating eggs.

  "Uma?" He looked so baffled.

  "And I'm the queen of this town!" She slammed her fist on the bar. "I'm getting tired of the disrespect." She walked around the bar, walking to the middle of the room. She glared all around her at the patrons. "Whats my name?"

  "Uma..." A weak mumble.

  "Say it now!" She pointed at everyone.

  "UMA!" They yelled louder, prouder.

  All eyes shot to the door when Ursa walked in, looking worn.

  "Needing the affirmation again?" She yawned, heading to the back. Before she got thru the door, a random pirate slid trash infront of her.

  "Take that out." Uma ordered. Ursa snatched the trash, shooting everyone a glare and walked out.

  "Whats my name?" Uma grinned, she was pumped now.

  "SHRIMPY!" Gil yelled proudly.

  Uma's eye twitched as she slowly turned to Gil, her hand gripping Harry's forearm. Harry tilted his head, giving Gil the usual idiot look and lead him out to the docs. Ursa looked back and saw Gil looking a bit confused.

  "Gil?" She put the trash lid on and walked over to him. "You get Uma mad to?"

  "Always." He laughed sweetly. "I don't realize it till it's to late but I'll apologize in the morning. "

  "You're too sweet." She smiled and wrapped her arm around his. "Can I stay with you tonight? I feel like Uma won't let me sleep..."

  "Sure, anytime!" He smiled big.

  The two wandered back to his place, sneaking past his snoring dad in the living room.

  "I swear everytime I see him he's either snoring away in front of the fireplace or flirting with me. " Ursa laughed once they got to Gils room.

  "That's my dad! " Gil chuckled, throwing an extra pillow on the bed. Ursa carefully removed her shoes and pants, her oversized shirt now becoming a nightgown. She climbed in next to Gil, cuddling up to him.
  "Ursa, how come you wear such large clothes?"
  "They're comfortable.  " she shrugged. It was the truth but only part of it.

  "But maybe Uma would take you more seriously if you -"

  "Dressed like her?" She looked up at him. He sighed, wrapping his arm around her.

  "That's not what I was going to say. "

  "....I know..." she closed her eyes. "I just feel so self conscious about my size now. I'm not exactly comfortable in my own skin. I knew who I was when I was heavier. But now....I feel like someone completely different. I feel like I'm lieng about who I really am."

  "Your Ursa. With weight and without weight. Your cute, your funny, your strong." Gil yawned. "You are who your meant to be." He looked down at her giving her a tired, warm smile. She returned the same.

  "Thanks Gil. "

  They drifted to sleep, not a care in the world. . . .

  A laugh echoed around her, the black abyss seemingly throwing the cackles back and forth. Uma's laugh. The sound of footsteps, slow and dragged, came from behind Ursa. When she turned she saw King Benjamin. He looked tired.

  Uma appeared beside him, only glancing at Ursa for a second before fiddling with their mother's shell necklace.

  "Let's see what this can do." She grinned, her body dissipated. King Benjamin was swallowed by the darkness.

  Again, Ursa could hear the cackles of her sister echoing in her head. She spun around and was suddenly thrust into a wall of water. She couldn't breath, the sting of sea water filling her lungs and she struggled to swim, but she couldn't. She didnt know how to swim.

  Soon enough she blacked out. She heard yelling..echoes of people she knew.

  "Dammit, wake up Ursa!!" Her sister yelled out. A pair of strong hands pumped on her chest...

  Ursa shot up in bed, gasping for air. Her hand was gripping her chest where the pressure had been applied. Gil shot up after her, grabbing his pocket knife from the side table, startled. He looked around before look at Ursa's trembling back.

  "Hey.." he crawled over to her. She was still panting. "You okay?" He leaned down a bit, to get a good look at her face. His signature moved.

  "Another nightmare..." she whispered. Her throat still burned. It felt so real... She relaxed when she felt Gils arm wrap around her shoulders, pulling her in.

  "Your fine now. " he hummed.

  Nightmares had been a normal thing for Ursa since she was a child. Always something of the future. She didnt realize this until a few years ago. When her broken dreams became twisted realities.

  Gil coaxed her back to lie down and rest. He held her tight in his arms, humming away. And slowly her shaking stopped, and her breaths became even and relaxed. When he felt she was deep in sleep, he closed his eyes and drifted off.