Pride Falls Second Pt.3

The next morning Ursa walked down stairs to the shop. Uma was prepping the shop for opening when she saw her sister walk down.

  "Hey. " she smiled awkwardly.

  "Morning. "Ursa responded the same.

   There was an awkward silence
between them as they stood there, looking at each other.

  "How are you feeling? "Uma finally broke the silence.

  "Much better. " Ursa smiled, rubbing her head gently.

  "Hey, so..listen.." Uma set her broom down and sat ontop of a table. Ura slowly walked over, sitting ontop of an adjacent table.

  "Yeah?"

  "I wanted to...." Uma sighed heavily. Whatever she wanted to tall about was hard for her. "Harry suggested that I talk to you...about us."

  Ursa's eyes widened. Horny Harry? Told Uma to talk to Ursa about their relationship? Ursa, remained silent.

  "Ha! He's alot more caring than you think." Uma laughed. She knew her sister well enough she knew what she was thinking. "I want to say Im.. sorry. For taking out my anger at you."

  "Why did you do it?" Ursa looked at her.

  "I dont know.. I guess ..it made me feel strong. "

  "Was this because if Mal?"

  "That b**." Uma seethed. "Always thinks she better than me because her mom is Maleficant."

  Ursa listened. She knew this was a hit to Uma's pride. She slid off the table, grabbing her sisters hands.

  "It hurt, growing up all those years believing you hated me. Never knowing why. Always feeling like I had to prove myself to you..."

  Uma's eyes widened, looking at Ursa with such regret. She made her own sister feel....just like Mal did.

  "I forgive you." Ursa smiled slightly.

   Uma tensed, fighting back her tears. She pulled Ursa into a tight hug.

  "I love you, Ursa. I always have and always will. Your my baby sister. " she hugged tighter. "I should have protected you."

  "But you did!" Ursa flailed a bit. Uma had a tight squeeze. But she could feel her own tears welling up in her eyes. "You protected me thru Harry, thru Gil. "

  "What?"

  "Your their captain. They love you and that meant keeping your family safe." They pulled away. "You may have never shown it, at least not to me. But you showed enough that your men knew."

  "Why are you like this.." Uma wiped her eyes, "I've done you wrong for so long."

  "Because your my sister. You were my first best friend. "

  Harry stood outside the door of the Chip shop, listening. He had a warm smile on his face. This is what Uma needed. He glanced around and sauntered in, his gentle smile now a wide chaotic grin.

  "Ladies, the party is about to start. The prisoner is on deck and I'm ready to gut him like a fish!"

  "Not until noon, Harry." Uma turned to him. He walked over to her, his smile falling. He gently brought his hand up to her face, rubbing his thumb under her swollen eyes.

  "Why does my captain cry?" His voice was gently.

  "I'm not crying. " Uma barked, slapping his hand away causing him to grin again. "Ursa, today we get the wand! Will you fight with us?"

    "I-"

  "I dont think she should.." Harry chimed in. "She still needs to recover from yesterday's ordeal."

  "Actually, Uma can we talk...?"

  "Make it quick." Uma nodded, turning her full attention to her sister.  Harry stood behind Uma, just staring at Ursa. Ursa could feel her heart pounding in her ears.

  "Its about King Benjamin."

  "Did he get into your head?" Uma tensed.

  "He said he wanted to help bring more Isle kids over and I was thinking maybe if we just-"

  "Just what?" Uma snapped. "Give him a chance?? He's not going to bring more kids over. Not willingly. "

  "He might??"

  "Harry's right. You should stay here and rest. You dont need more excitement right now. " Uma glared at her sister. She turned and left the shop, Harry in Tow.