Played Like a Fiddle

The next morning Ursa woke up sore. The fight really beat her up.

  "Uh.."she sluggishly sat up. She sat there a moment, a giddy smile forming. She replayed her kiss with Harry over and over. There is no way he didnt like her. No one would kiss that passionately just for fun.

  A knock came at her door.

  "Come in.." she moaned. The door opened and Harry stood in the door way. "Morning Harry!" She looked up at him with a smile.  But that smile faded when she saw his face. He looked almost pained, confused?

  "Look, we need to talk about yesterday."

  "O...kay.." she stiffened. What was there to talk about? They won. . .right?

  "That kiss..." his face became a bit more angry. He looked at her for a split second before glaring off at the window. "Be it witchcraft or no... That kiss wasn't meant for you."

  Ursa felt her heart ache. Her hands slowly clenched the bedsheets.

  "You reminded me of Uma yesterday...It was like she was with us again. " he looked over at her, his face twisted in anger and disgust. "So dont think anything of it. You are the closest thing to her and I got caught up in the moment. "

  "Wha.." Ursa chocked. Her eyes began to sting. It's like he took his hook and ripped her heart out. She couldn't think if any words to respond. If she spoke she would break down.

  "...." Harry spun around and walked off.

"Wha......" Ursa whispered, her hand coming up to grab her chest.   Her worst nightmares didnt hurt like the pain he just threw at her. No fear in the world could compare to the spiral of emotions  that hit her like a wave. She felt tears sting her eyes and his words  echoed in her mind.

  "Ha!" Mal laughed, walking up to Ursa's side. "I know Harry.." she grinned. "He doesn't care about you at all. " she shrugged and walked around her.

   Jay grinned, watching, as he leaned against a beam.

  "Not only would he not find you worth the time. " Mal continued, "But your Uma's little sister. Your just a replacment if anything g should happen to his...precious captain." She stopped face to face with Ursa.

  "Heh.."Ursa forced. "You know Harry?" She met Mals glare. "Yeah, you two were an item. The dream team, tore up the Isle.." she stood up straighter. "But you weren't worth his time either. Because at the end of the day..." her first balled up.

  Jay narrowed his eyes and walked up behind Mal protectively.

"He always went back to Uma."

Mal's lip twitched.

  The floor shook after a large crack came from below.

  "GET UP! THIS FOOD AIN'T GANNA SERVE ITSELF!" Ursala's voice yelled from below. Ursa threw her head back aggravated before jumping out of bed, snatching her clothes.

  On her way out of her room she looked at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were red, she looked terrible. She took in a deep breath, getting her composure back.

  She headed downstairs and started her day. Serving tasteless food to tasteless people.

  Half way thru the day Gil came in, looking for his usual dose of eggs.

  "Hey, Gil!" Ursa forced a smile and waved him to a seat the bar.

  "Hey Urs!" He bounded over and sat down, watching her grab his try.

  "Pretty busy today!"

  "I know. I dont understand why." She sighed and handed him the try. She grinned as she started slurping them down. "You ever chew?"

  "Mm?" He swallowed, smiling up at her. His smile faded when he noticed how swollen her eyes looks.
"Ursa...have you been crying?"

  She tensed up but laughed. "Mom had me cutting onions today. " she lied.

  "Oh okay!" He laughed with her and focused back on his eggs.

  It was finally the end of her shift and she was exhausted. Harry never came back and Gil had left to go cause some sort of ruckus so she decided to head to the ship and check up on it. Since the attempted mutiny, shes visited it every night.

  She came to the dock and stared at it.
"...." she really didn't feel like dealing with it today. "Harry can do it. " she growled and walked into the alley ways.

  The alleys were lit by dim lights, the fog had settled along the ground, a slight chill in the air. Each footstep echoed and bounced off the walls. Less people wandered the streets at this time giving the already tight alley way, a nice open feel.

  "Mmm.." she heard a woman happily moan. "Mm Harry, your so bad. "

  Ursa looked over to the womans voice and paused. There a woman was stuck between a hard place and Harry. Their lips locked, feverishly trying to devour each other. Ursa's jaw almost dropped, her heart sank deeper than the ocean.

  When the two pulled away Harry moved to assault her neck when he spotted Ursa standing there. He stood straight quickly, also in shock.

  "Urs-" he started to say, but she turned on her heel and left. Her face was red with anger. He did play me! Like a fiddle! She threw her hands up in the air frustrated, scaring a few people as she stormed by.

  "Forget about her.." the womans voice echoed thru the dark after Ursa.