Chapter 5: Ash vs Paul

It is time and we are going to see the first battle between Ash and Paul in this story.

So without further ado , let's beign.

Ash was pretty eager and nervous at same time. Eager because this was his first Pokemon battle in school. Nervous because he had it with Paul who seemed to catch only strongest of Pokemon and no matter how much Paul got on his nerves, he had to admit that he seemed pretty good.

But still Ash was planning to stick with only Eevee and Pikachu. He had started a new journey and no matter what , he was not gonna take help from Pokemon caught from his previous journeys to establish his worth and show his skill here.

Ash checked out moves of Eevee quick.

He found that his Eevee could use shadow ball and quick attack

He found that his Eevee could use shadow ball and quick attack .But facing Paul , he needed more. It wasn't gonna be enough. But how to make Eevee learn a brand new move in just one night. Ash did know by now that Evee was around level 33 since she knew shadow ball and tackle. So there were bunch of possible moves he could make her learn but all demanded time.

But there was no time, he could back down now. He would never give up without a fight.

"Eevee! Come on out." Ash went out with Pikachu and carrying Eevee's pokeball .

"Eevee" She sighed happily .

"Listen! We have got a battle tomorrow. So tonight we are gonna work on your Copycat by training with Pikachu. Pikachu , you ready"  Ash looked at Pikachu as he nodded "pika"

"Now ! Pikachu ! Use thunderbolt." Ash told Pikachu as volts of lightning sparkled with golden colour striking towards Eevee as the flash blinded Ash almost to extent that he couldn't see what was happening .

The bolt hit Evee and she took some damage but wasn't able to copy the move.

"Eevee! Are you okay ?" Ash asked her . Eevee struggled to stand up but shook it off saying it was ok.

"Alright! Let's try again. Pikachu! Use tiniest spark of thunderbolt. I figure we can start with small." Ash smiled at eevee.

Eevee waited for lightning to shock her but it did nothing as she opened her eyes in amazement.

"Don't worry. You will get it sooner or later." Ash told her as both continued training.

The lightning flashing in the dark braids of night soon merged into dawn of sunlight showing our hero( too much; fine! Let's say protagonist. Ok! Still does not work. Fine ! Final offer. Friend.) Ash Ketchum lying fast asleep tired from last night's training with half of the blanket on ground and Pikachu lying asleep not very much far.

"Ash! Wake up ." A familiar voice ringed in the drowsy Ash as he moved to other side.

"One more minute. I am gonna win."Ash muttered in his sleep. All of sudden, there was heavy downpour of water on him as he woke up drenched .