Chapter 23: Training

The contest was indeed over but certainly didn't feel like . Dawn who had won the contest this time was feeling quite better about herself while Serena on other hand felt a bit daunted and envious about what impression she had left on Ash now.

Ash on other hand unaware of their mental state was worried about his own . He had understood the need of training but what he also knew that he needed to change his tactics too if he wants to defeat Akrutik city gym leader.

But he wasn't sure it would result in much if he tries to think of it himself. He had heard that there was a Battle club nearby. Maybe he could go and train there .

That seems like a good idea except Ash discovered as that the battle club was closed. Great! Just his luck . He sighs.

Dawn and Serena were moving throught the city while Ash was sitting on a seat with Pikachu wondering what to do.

"Come on ! A young trainer like you sitting so hopeless like it is end of world. What  is the matter?" A middle aged guy passing by asked. Ash explained his problem.

"If training is your problem, then don't worry about it . Come with me ." He said as Ash followed him.

"You see there . That is the Battle Park. There many young trainers like you look for battle.  You can train there quite well ." He pointed towards a site.

"Thanks sir. I will go there." Ash said going with his Pikachu.

"Hey! You there with Pikachu. Wanna battle me?" Ash had barely entered inside when be heard a challenge.

"You bet ." Ash said.

"Alright! I choose Umbrion." The guy brought out his Umbrion, evolved form of Eevee.

"In that case , I choose you Pikachu. Go." Ash said as Pikachu jumped in excitedly.

"Umbrion! Use agility." The guy commanded.

"Pikachu ! Use your agility too."  Ash said. Pikachu was faster than Ambrion so it hit it.

"Great! Now use thunderbolt." Ash said.

"Umbrion! Use dig." He commanded as lightning hit the ground and Ambrion jumped out unharmed.

"Alright! Pikachu! Use quick attack." Ash said as Pikachu started to increase its speed.

"Umbrion! Use sand attack." He said as Pikachu stopped blinded by dust .

"Now Umbrion! Use shadow ball. Pikachu! Use volt tackle." Ash commanded as both attacks collided with Pikachu pushing it towards Umbrion blasting off the ground. The smoke cleared to reveal Pikachu as the winner.

"You did it , buddy . " Ash rejoiced picking up Pikachu.

"That was good battle. How about me next? It won't be easy. I have a psychic type after all." A girl asked.

A psychic type. That is exactly what I need . To be equipped against them effectively.

"Alright! Bring it on. Pikachu ! You take rest ." Ash said.

"I choose Hypno!" She brought out her Pokemon.

"I choose Eevee." As the match began.

"Eevee! Use dig and then attack Hypno." Ash said as Eevee disappeared into soil.

"Clever trick but won't work. Hypno! Use psychic on the ground." She commanded as th ground broke to reveal Eevee Being rosen up in the air .

Oh no ! How do I counteract.

"Eevee ! Use attract." Ash finally said as Eevee sent to Hypno who became confused and wasn't able to protect itself since it was already using psychic.

"Great! This is our chance. Eevee ! Use quick attack ." Ash said as Hypno was hit with great force.

"Finish it with Shadow ball." Ash said excitedly as Hypno just came back to senses to be knocked out by shadow ball.

"Yes ! We did it . Now I know how to defeat Christopher." Ash smiled carrying Eevee as he patted her to which she squeaked.

"So you were training for battle with Akrutik city gym leader?" The girl asked.

"Ya! I battles him and lost against his Alakazam . But now I will challenge again." Ash said.

"Good for you . There are total 20 gyms. You know that . So even if you find yourself unable to defeat some gym leader, you can skip them . Five of them ." She said.

"Yeah ! I am aware of that but I don't think that is a great idea though. I mean if you can't defeat a gym leader , how can you expect to win in league match where there are competitors who have won matches from so many leaders." Ash said .

"That is true. Wow ! You are quite practical. See you ." She sighed going away .

"Yes! Today was a great day . " Ash sighed stroking Eevee as she squirmed over Ash's arms .

"Ha ! Now stop squirming. You are quite tickling." Ash laughed.

"Hey Ash! Was your training a success?" Dawn asked as he arrived to meet them at Pokemon center.

"Yes! I can't wait for tomorrow. I am now sure about how to win that match." Ash remarked.

"That is great. We are also looking forward to your battle." Serena smiled.

"Well all this talk of battle has made me hungry. Let's eat , shall we ?" Ash asked.

"Of course. Food , Pokemon and battles . Only things lurking in your mind." Serena giggled.

As the journey continues.